PDA

View Full Version : caithness FM

Mr P Cannop
26-Jun-12, 21:05
who all tunes into Caithness FM ??

emmz
26-Jun-12, 21:44
when im in the car and it comes on i put it off theres a few presenters on there that make me want to slap them lol mind u i feel much worse about bloody titch on mfr omg does he wind me up!!

gollach
26-Jun-12, 22:14
The schedule on their website doesn't seem to match what is broadcast. It's a bit of a lottery :(

Kodiak
26-Jun-12, 22:20
I also change frequency ASAP if I am in my car and MFR changes to CFM. It is the most amateurish station I have ever heard.

stekar
27-Jun-12, 03:03
It is the most amateurish station I have ever heard.

My thoughts exactly!

Aaldtimer
27-Jun-12, 03:29
My thoughts exactly!

Ever wonder why that is?

It's because it's run by volunteers, willing to give their time to provide a local radio service.

If you think you can do a better job, then they are always open to listen to new volunteers.

Put up, or shut up!:(

Mr P Cannop
27-Jun-12, 05:05
what progs do you tune into on Caithness FM and MFR ?? whats wrong with titch on mfr ??

stekar
27-Jun-12, 07:17
Would prefer to have MFR all the time, but got no option when the switchover to CFM happens.

Mr P Cannop
27-Jun-12, 08:32
1107 am ........................

focusRS
27-Jun-12, 09:34
I liked listening to the rock show on Caithness FM when I worked night shift.
The banter was funny and the music was ace.
I dont agree with getting torn in about the "amateurish" folk good enough to give there time for free.
Give me a Caithness FM DJ over Chris Moyles any day of the week.

pat
27-Jun-12, 10:28
In Lewis we have local volunteer radio too, very informative and keeps us up to date with what is happening in the community, road situations, funerals etc.

Some of the volunteers are very professional sounding, others are starting out in the world of broadcasting, giving something back to the community they live amongst.

If you think it is easy go, give it a try, you will probably have to be aware of many rules as to what you are able to discuss, say and when to keep your opinions to your self and the fact you must be politically correct at all times.

I think it is very difficult to be anything but amateurish when you start as you would so aware of everything you say is being analysed and picked over by someone - and will have to be recorded and kept for any complaints received to be dealt with correctly.

Thank goodness for volunteers who give up their free time, not on only on the radio but for every single thing they do freely, the world would be a much sadder place without the free army of helpers.

lisagrace
27-Jun-12, 10:54
have to admit I only listen to it when it comes on in the car but I think it has a really good selection of music, they are trying to cater for everyone and unlike most radio stations you don't have to listen to endless advertisements

south view 7
27-Jun-12, 19:08
what progs do you tune into on Caithness FM and MFR ?? whats wrong with titch on mfr ??
Davey Mack & Robin Young do a great job on sunday night.

Mister Squiggle
27-Jun-12, 20:42
The blues show on Wednesday nights, 9 -10, CFM - absolute class.

davem
27-Jun-12, 21:09
Jazz Show 10.03 till midnight Wednesdays - my favourite tunes - other people seem to like them too!
Doing the playlist now :)

Moira
27-Jun-12, 21:10
Ever wonder why that is?

It's because it's run by volunteers, willing to give their time to provide a local radio service.

If you think you can do a better job, then they are always open to listen to new volunteers.

Put up, or shut up!:(

Lol, you tell 'em!

My favs on Caithness FM are Bob Johnson on a Thursday night and the "young" presenters like Foxy D & Doreen. (Are they young? - they sound young!)

My absolute favourite time for tuning in is Saturday afternoon 2-4 pm with Terry Clark. I've said this before and I'll say it again, Heaven help anyone who comes between me & Terry in my kitchen on a Saturday afternoon. ;)

reddevil
27-Jun-12, 21:39
i listen most nightsand think its great you can put requests in for your fav music two mins later its on,long may it continue love it.

Fran
27-Jun-12, 23:47
I really like Terry clark, but I also like garry, but the best is Brian Marshall on thursday at 9pm with Brians activity hour.

orkneycadian
29-May-13, 19:49
Is that Foxy Dee trying to outdo Davy Sinclair in the "irrelevant wittering"stakes?

She'll end up with a job on the Superstation at this rate....

mi16
29-May-13, 19:59
Its an embarrassment to the county.

orkneycadian
29-May-13, 20:29
On the whole, its bearable. Better than Orkneys automated offering, remotely controlled from somewhere near Manchester. And whilst appreciating that they are volunteers and all that, some presenters recently need to press more play buttons and have their mics open less.

Tugmistress
29-May-13, 22:50
i used to do the friday night rock show, it was great fun to do and i hope it was ok to listen to aswell, there were a few regular listeners who would be in touch and i would try my best to please them - sometimes more feedback to the presenters would be helpful, be it critiscm put over in a constructive manner or suggestions of what you would like to hear that is different to the current format etc.
I don't think i would ever do it again as i found some of the 'local clique' too heavy handed and loaded but that's a different story.

Fran
30-May-13, 10:06
As well as volunteering and giving up their time, they also raise money for charity, good for them. Reception isn't always good, but I love Brian, terry and Garry,

rob murray
30-May-13, 16:17
The Jim and Ali show....a class act !! ( even though Ali plays the occasional Scorpions track lol lol )

orkneycadian
30-May-13, 17:26
I don't think i would ever do it again as i found some of the 'local clique' too heavy handed and loaded but that's a different story.

I once remember a request on a "modern country show" being rejected, because, whilst for a country music track, "this is the modern country show and the requested track is not modern enough". I think there was a suggestion by the presenter, that maybe they could try again with that request in an hours time or so, when there would be a "non modern" country show on.

Odd however that the "Modern Country" slot still uses the same theme tune as it did years ago. Does that tune not age and become "old country" sometime about now? ;)

2little2late
03-Jun-13, 01:52
Give me a Caithness FM DJ over Chris Moyles any day of the week.
I couldn't agree more.

mi16
03-Jun-13, 09:13
I couldn't agree more.Who is Chris moyles?

orkneycadian
04-Jun-13, 20:42
Right thats decided it I think - Foxy Dee has had 3 extended spells of dead air in the last 2 minutes. I think that even beats the time when Davy Sinclair fell asleep on air.