PDA

View Full Version : CNN Headline

DrSzin
20-Jan-05, 10:47
Take a look at this CNN headline (http://www.cnn.com/2005/ALLPOLITICS/01/19/poll/index.html).

It's either the funniest or the stupidest headline I have ever seen from CNN. Unfortunately, the entire article, and in particular the first paragraph, give me a horrible feeling that it's the latter.

Rheghead
20-Jan-05, 18:40
The Republican party are demonizing non republicans, its followers are assuming that anybody who has a diiference of opinion than GWB are anti/un american. This will probably mean to them that nearly 50% of all americans are now insurgents, traitors or at best marginalized lonely cranks.

fred
20-Jan-05, 21:47
Take a look at this CNN headline (http://www.cnn.com/2005/ALLPOLITICS/01/19/poll/index.html).

It's either the funniest or the stupidest headline I have ever seen from CNN. Unfortunately, the entire article, and in particular the first paragraph, give me a horrible feeling that it's the latter.

You have to remember half the population of America is below average inteligence.

jjc
20-Jan-05, 21:50
On the eve of President Bush's inauguration, a poll shows the nation is split over whether he has united or divided the nation
Oh, that's class! [lol]

However, on a more serious note, it is worrying to see America seemingly becoming ever more polarised… almost as much as it worries me to see the same happening here.
:eek:

marion
21-Jan-05, 21:01
You have to remember half the population of America is below average inteligence.[/quote]

That's the reason Great Britain gave up the American Colonies.

Rheghead
21-Jan-05, 21:04
You have to remember half the population of America is below average inteligence.

That's the reason Great Britain gave up the American Colonies.[/quote]

I don't think we had a choice, King George III's obstinacy marginalized the colonists.

DrSzin
21-Jan-05, 21:17
Doh, I have only just got that. :eyes

Was the CNN headline serious, or was it meant to be a joke? I am still not sure...

I watched GWB's speech on the News last night and was reminded of another leader's speech many years ago. I have spoken to two other people who had the same thoughts. Did anyone else make such comparisons?

Rheghead
22-Jan-05, 00:28
It reminded me of Churchill's Iron curtain speech, but others may disagree.

spiggie
24-Jan-05, 15:00

That's the reason Great Britain gave up the American Colonies.[/quote]
correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we colonise it in the first place?

fred
24-Jan-05, 20:55

That's the reason Great Britain gave up the American Colonies.

correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we colonise it in the first place?[/quote]

It was a cunning plan, send everyone below average inteligence to the Americas and
everyone left in Britain would then be above average inteligence.

Rheghead
24-Jan-05, 21:08
It is worth mentioning here that anyone in the 18th and 19th century Britain who had a bit of 'Get Up and Go' actually got up and went. That withstanding, I think it is ironic that the Americans celebrate their 'freedom' from British rule while it seems the only friend they got is Britain.