PDA

View Full Version : portable dvd players

sweetpea
25-Nov-06, 23:45
I was thinking of getting one of these for a xmas present. Anyone got one? What is best one to get?

footie chick
26-Nov-06, 10:06
We've got a single screen one from Woolies cant remember the make but its best to go for the larger sceen. Know people who have the twin screens but there seems to be an awful lot of cables trailling everywhere also where do you put the DVD part? with the single one it all fits onto the back of the front seat.

gofor
28-Nov-06, 15:46
bought the 7" screen tesco's own brand last year comes complete with all cables for house or car use also carrybag for under £50 daughter uses it non stop took it to canada this year said it was great

Naefearjustbeer
28-Nov-06, 16:48
We got a twin screen job from woolies, It is rubbish with wires trailing all over the car.

98elite
29-Nov-06, 00:10
We have two of these, the kids have had them in the car, hotel rooms, holidays abroad, camping, you name it, they are great, dont think you should go for a smaller screen than 9".

here's one for sale on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150065058481&category=15055

emszxr
29-Nov-06, 12:25
i have the one that is for sale is tescos the now for about £65. it is great. keeps my 2 year old entertained in the car on trips to inverness. it comes with all the wires you need and you can hook it up to bigger telly's too.

sweetpea
01-Dec-06, 00:08
I've got my eye on the 10 inch.

dirdyweeker
05-Dec-06, 09:47
I believe some of them come with twin headsets. This is definately a priority if are to have 2 children listening to it at once via earphones.
I agree that the bigger the screen you can afford is best...at LEAST 7"