PDA

View Full Version : Car Help/Advice Needed!!

dinkun
25-Nov-06, 23:01
Hi, looking for some help/advice on a little problem we have with a car!!!

We recently got a H reg BMW 525 and now we are having problems with the brakes and need to take the rear wheels off - unfortunately we need some sort of key to take the hubs off - thats my understanding off it anyways - and we did not get the key with the car when we bought it! Does anyone know what kind of key it is we need or where i could get one? Or know any other we can get wheels off!!

Any help/advice would be great.

Thanks

Billy Boy
25-Nov-06, 23:03
is the key for round or square holes, had this problem with a cavalier once our key broke used a centre punch to take it out

daviddd
26-Nov-06, 13:26
Is it just one of the wheel bolts that's different - a security bolt toi prevent wheels being stolen if so. A garage would get it off but you can hammer a socket that's just a bit small onto it, then undo it with the socket wrench. Good luck.

celtchicky
02-Dec-06, 21:13
heres 2 things to try to get the locking wheel stud of ur bmw.working in a garage i have found that a align key that is just slightly bigger than ur wheel stud hole shud when hammerd into it works a treat for me. most of the time.sometime u have to grind the end of the key to get it to fit.the other thing is there is a tool box located in the boot of the car.u can see it when the boot is open sits under bootlid thats where the key is placed most times.

johno
02-Dec-06, 22:03
Hi, looking for some help/advice on a little problem we have with a car!!!

We recently got a H reg BMW 525 and now we are having problems with the brakes and need to take the rear wheels off - unfortunately we need some sort of key to take the hubs off - thats my understanding off it anyways - and we did not get the key with the car when we bought it! Does anyone know what kind of key it is we need or where i could get one? Or know any other we can get wheels off!!

Any help/advice would be great.

Thanks if all else fails get someone to tack weld a nut onto the locking ones . that will allow you to get them off. then invest in a set of new locking nuts. get them on e bay about £15. but surely you mean you cant get the wheels off?? :confused