PDA

View Full Version : 2012: Another year of Extreme Weather

Rheghead
24-Jun-12, 16:59
Following on from a previous thread of 2011 being a year of extreme weather, I was hoping against all hope that 2011 was a one-off and that incidents of extreme weather were going to settle down a wee bit. Unfortunately and as expected though, extreme weather is again a feature of 2012 with 2012's June being the wettest June for 100 years and it is not over yet...

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/06/24/uk-weather-wettest-june-in-century_n_1621960.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

billmoseley
24-Jun-12, 18:47
it seems one of the few places not to be wet is up here in the north until now we have had 16mm of rain here in kirtomy since may 26th 6mm of those last night. I fear that summer may well have passed us by this year but I hope I'm proved wrong. I'm a firm believer in mother nature put things right in the end

oldmarine
24-Jun-12, 21:27
Following on from a previous thread of 2011 being a year of extreme weather, I was hoping against all hope that 2011 was a one-off and that incidents of extreme weather were going to settle down a wee bit. Unfortunately and as expected though, extreme weather is again a feature of 2012 with 2012's June being the wettest June for 100 years and it is not over yet...

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/06/24/uk-weather-wettest-june-in-century_n_1621960.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

I am still of the opinion that weather conditions are cyclic. I stated so in the past and I am still of that same opinion. I have checked weather patterns of the past and found worse weather conditions more than 100 years ago.

Dialyser
24-Jun-12, 22:33
I am still of the opinion that weather conditions are cyclic. I stated so in the past and I am still of that same opinion. I have checked weather patterns of the past and found worse weather conditions more than 100 years ago.

I completely agree with you, just hope a nicer cycle isn't far away!

embow
27-Jun-12, 12:33
Last two years may well have been influenced by the Icelandic volcanic eruption two years ago. All the dust and small upper air particles can produce cooler and wetter conditions for a year or two depending on the size of the eruption.:(