PDA

View Full Version : hey people help us out pweese!! need band members and this time its for real lol

K dragon
25-Nov-06, 22:00
hey people,

i know your all probably sick of my ad posts but im hoping someone will one day apply, but for those that dont please if you know anyone get them to pm or email me on blackheart2002@aol.com i would really appreciate any help from you guys and girls.

we need the usual shopping list:

bassist
and a drummer.

would like people who are creative and are able to play their instruments reasonably, you dont need to be the next big thing, we just wanna jam and have fun playing some music.

band members at the mo are george sincliar playing guitar

and me david j hobbs on guitar and vocals.

we would really appreciate people to spread the word.

name of the band is counter culture (of course if anyone wanted on board and didnt like the name its open for debate)

we have unheard original material already and we also would like to continue with creating originals. we hope for practises to start early next year. quickly followed by gigging.

please spread the word and if anyone has a tiny bit of intrest please do not hesitate to get in contact with me.

thanks,

david j hobbs

K dragon
28-Nov-06, 19:25
hey people, we are still looking for a bassist and drummer no age group although we would like someone about our age

im 19
guiarists 17

i have uploaded an untitled tune for the style we are aiming to play, it was recorded on my crappy machine and i havent put lyrics on to it.

if you like then give me a shout, we want a drummer to put his style into the music (as we are sick of electric progamming drums.) and a bassist because i suck lol but same again, we would like an energetic bassist and we just wanna meet some creative people.

check out
www.myspace.com/davidjhobbs

and its called, untitled counter culture tune.

thanks

K dragon
29-Nov-06, 16:48
uh oh...

its not going well is it?

well im gonna keep posting.....

FOREVER!!!!

MWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

MU HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA AAAAAHHHHHH

(ahem)

K dragon
29-Nov-06, 20:29
im going to start putting up flyers at the high school advertising these positions does anybody think thats a worth while idea as im at my tethers end looking.

gettig rather agitated over this malarky, but i believe it will be worth it.

thanks

the_big_mac
29-Nov-06, 20:50
im going to start putting up flyers at the high school advertising these positions does anybody think thats a worth while idea as im at my tethers end looking.

gettig rather agitated over this malarky, but i believe it will be worth it.

thanks

Ok, have you ever had a bassist and drummer, and if so why did they leave?

Looking at the past pictures further down the board you had a band, what happened to it? Why cant you look to recruit around your friends/enemies that you played with round school?

K dragon
29-Nov-06, 21:12
two of our former bassists left for uni and college down south.

plus my current gutarist is from eton college so he comes up for a few weeks at a time. he goes away for six weeks comes up for four weeks then leaves for six weeks again. and the college leave and uni leave is slightly opposite of the eton one, so it wouldnt work out.

i have asked around but many just want to be a cover band where as we are focusing on original material, i have been doing my own material for over four years now and getting better and better.

my last band i was with was fear of faith with joe patterson and jack mcphee/ macphee (sorry cant remember which one jacky boy)

since then i havent been in the live scene. that was a good four five years ago, i have been a hermit so to speak since.

so im completely outta the loop, no contacts, no former buddies, or enemies.

im up the creek without a paddle, and desperate to start a new band and start gigging again, miss the buzz and creativity with a band.

zebedy
30-Nov-06, 17:14
jack macphee

and joe Paterson

one P haha

K dragon
30-Nov-06, 18:11
i'll make a note of that lol

K dragon
30-Nov-06, 22:45
drummmmmmmmerrr!
bassssissst!

PWEEEEEEESE!!!

K dragon
01-Dec-06, 00:19
another counter culture tune is up on my space just finished it, again no lyrics although i will put lyrics over the songs at some point when and IF i get a band together,.

K dragon
01-Dec-06, 19:49
beep beep

beep

btw anyone heard of beth orton?

pultneytooner
03-Dec-06, 00:07
Sorry m8, you sound like a poor mans motorhead.:D
Try some melody instead of simple power chords, be different.