PDA

View Full Version : New Wick High School Campus

Camra
22-Jun-12, 22:13
Another Stakeholder meeting was held on Thursday 21st June. Design now handed over to HUB for final design development with regard to letting contracts for start mid next year. Poorly attended meeting compared to previous meetings with Local Councillor & stakeholder representation abysmal for such a high profile project. Intention is to display plans in several locations in Wick to ensure everyone has the opportunity to comment at the planning meeting early next year. Check out Wick High School & Highland Council Website for info. Have Your Say !

tiger woods
24-Jun-12, 14:00
I hear the Rector didn't even show for this.

Bill Fernie
24-Jun-12, 15:46
I agree the attendance was low compared to previous meetings of the stakeholder group. However there can be many reasons why people have other things to do on any given night. As for councillors not attending there were meetings on in Inverness that I also was attending on the same day and the day after. Some councillors would stay in Inverness as I often do if I have meetings on days next to each other. However I chose to drive back to Wick for the meeting as I have been involved since the start and drive back to Inverness the next morning. I had a busy week and did think twice about another 200 plus miles. I was in fact in Inverness on three days and due to other things in Wick decided to bite the bullet and go up and down. I do think the new schools are a high priority for my attention and have always been keen to hear what others on the stakeholders think first hand rather than rely always on minutes and notes.

As to the head teacher I do not know why he was not at the actual meeting but I am sure he is well up to date with what is happening. Coming up to end of term there are many things I am sure need his attention. The meeting was also on the same night as the last night of the school show, "We Will Rock You" and perhaps some people were attending that. I attended the show on Wednesday and very good it was.

That meeting was the last one of the Stakeholders group with the current membership. A new group will be formed to include representation from the primary schools and invitations to that group will be issued in coming weeks.

The stakeholders have to my mind brought up many useful points and pointed out potential problems or concerns on many aspects of the proposals. There will still be time for the new group to input to the process and indeed for the public to send in ideas or ask questions before the plans go forward or are out to tender.