PDA

View Full Version : Phoneline Interference

~~Tides~~
19-Jan-05, 21:51
Is anyone else in the Wick side of Wick having problems with their broadband and phoneline. Even now, before I click submit I will have to reconnect to the internet as it seems to be randomly disconnecting just now but esspecially when the phone is lifted.
When you pick up the phone there is a crackling sound and faint modem noise. Have contacted BT but say they did a line test and it was fine.
We recon it might have something to do with at Bt tent in Willowbank but its mabey just my old heap of a computor.

webmannie
19-Jan-05, 22:12
With Broadband you have to fit a microfilter between your phone(s) and the wall connection(s) to stop 'crackling'

~~Tides~~
19-Jan-05, 23:11
I have that!

Caoran
19-Jan-05, 23:26
Believe me, do not take BT's line test as gospel [ as they seem to do]. A line can test OK but still have a fault, ie noise, which can be caused by a high resistance connection. If you are fed via the ex-cabinet in Willowbank, that could be the cause. Get back to BT and tell them you want the line examined as you are experiencing noisy calls and cutting off.

dirdyweeker
19-Jan-05, 23:36
when I phoned to report my fault to BT they did not even know there had been an accident causing line problems. The very nice chappie from the 'tent' paid me a visit and fixed my problem. It may be worth your while going to the 'tent'...that's assuming you are fed from the affected line!

Caoran
20-Jan-05, 00:10
There is no resident tent dweller "chappie", but a nomad could arrive from time to time. :D

dirdyweeker
20-Jan-05, 11:51
There is no resident tent dweller "chappie", but a nomad could arrive from time to time. :D I never mentioned that he was resident!

~~Tides~~
20-Jan-05, 13:41
It was fine before. Its only in aobut the last 2 months that it has been logging off. Started roughly about the time that the tent appeared. :confused

Riffman
21-Jan-05, 00:53
We had exactly the same thing, it started after BT had been nosing in the box outside our hoose, it took a bit of work to convince them that we had a problem as all thier 'tests' showed nothing.

But they sent an engineer, and he agreed that it was crackly so he checked the junction box, but didn't find the problem. In the end he went to the exchange and put us on a spare line, and now we are fine!! Get them to put you on a different line!!

Riff

~~Tides~~
21-Jan-05, 17:41
Ok, thanks.