PDA

View Full Version : Is there much interest in Dog grooming service for caithness?

miss_mcd
22-Jun-12, 01:29
Hi everyone!

I've recently started my own dog sitting service, if it takes off and I recieve good business from it I'm going to invest in a dog grooming course to then go on to open up my own service. What I would like to know is, is there good interest in this kind of thing in Caithness? Is it a profitable business idea for this area?

Your thoughts would be great help!

Thank you, Hannah!

Aaldtimer
22-Jun-12, 03:16
I think you will find that Caithness is already served well with existing dog grooming services, such as Pampered Pets in Thurso and others elsewhere.

Sorry to disappoint you.:(

k1rst1n27
22-Jun-12, 12:12
I think there is always room for a bit of healthy competition!  It may be worth finding out what other businesses offer and charge and trying to think of something different that you can offer to attract people i.e a mobile service (I'm sure a million orgers will tell me someone already is mobile but it's purely a suggestions) which may appeal to people are a bit more restricted in taking their pets to such facilities.

miss_mcd
22-Jun-12, 13:18
Thanks guys! I don't mind a bit of competition. Yeah I wasn't sure if someone was already doing it but thank you for your input :) much appreciated!