PDA

View Full Version : Trees

bluemafia
19-Jun-12, 18:48
Mother had a visit from a tall man wearing a Hiviz jacket and driving a white pickup truck. He offered to cut down her trees for (wait for it) £2500. She doesn't have any trees, but he had gone into her back garden and seen the trees overhanging the wall.
I rang the police to alert them of this person, because to me this is obviously another scam, so all you orgers keep an out for this person(s)and let your elderly relatives know about this. [disgust]

brandy
19-Jun-12, 21:07
what cheek! send him round my way! preg. hormonal woman will soon have him in tears! or with a broom up his bum!

pads1
20-Jun-12, 14:10
OMG! Thats awful!

Kevin Milkins
20-Jun-12, 14:23
They pushed a card through my door asking if I wanted to sell my Ifor Williams trailer that is parked on my drive, I'm not best delighted having people poke about my property when I'm not at home.

On the card it says,"free estimates now available and special rates for O.A.P's".

charley9
21-Jun-12, 16:15
I had someone stop a couple of months ago as I was in the front garden with the kids. Told me our tree was dead and diseased and about to collapse, told him my husband was at work and dealt with that and he wanted to know what time he would be back and he would call round then to talk to him. Managed to get rid of him, despite him being quite persistent. Said dead and diseased tree is now full of leaves and still upright.