PDA

View Full Version : Changes to the Forum

Colin Manson
19-Jan-05, 17:59
Hi,

After a couple of months of testing I've decided to implement a new method of moderating the forums.

I'm pretty busy with other things these days and I just don't have time to moderate the whole forum myself. Most of the time is lost dealing with users that are questioning why an action has been taken.

It's a thankless task and moderators are quite often harassed for carrying out their task, so I've made the moderators appear as standard users. This should stop the PM/Email arguments about how the rules are interpreted. They as a group will try and keep the forums running smoothly, keep things within the rules and guidelines and be safe because of their anonymity.

So with the new system in place the new moderators will

Remain Anonymous, Moderate the forum and Enforce the Rules including banning users. They will not have access to user details i.e. Email address.

I will still deal with User signup/activation problems and any issues that are brought to my attention that haven't been solved by the moderators.

Any questions/comments are welcome.

Cheers
Colin

The Pepsi Challenge
21-Jan-05, 03:12
That sounds fair enough. However, it does come across as using free speech to argue about people using free speech. Just my £0.02p worth.