PDA

View Full Version : street football

tiggertoo
24-Nov-06, 23:46
MSP Rob Gibson wants street football introduced in the highlands after trials in Dyce reduced alot of trouble caused by teens by63%, could u see it working in this area, well i reckon it would after reading about it on the homepage

willowbankbear
25-Nov-06, 15:06
In a word-NO.

Could ye see car owners standing for it? some kids booting footballs around is fine but ye always get 1 ned amongst them thatll try & be smart & play 1-2s with a brand new ford or clio. I used to play football in the street but i dont think there were so many cars in the 80`s, were there?

Alice in Blunderland
25-Nov-06, 15:24
Street football, I see this causing great debate on the org.I dont mind the kids playing football but the street wouldnt be my first choice, a nice park or safe area away from cars would be better.

As a society I feel we are less tollerant to children outside playing making a noise.More and more in built up areas where you see a piece of ground where kids could be playing the council have erected a no ball games sign .I aaccept that the neighbours hearing the thud of a ball on the wall will drive them mad after a while but better that than the kids going off and getting into mischief.

Less thought has been put into play areas for children where houses are being built you only need to walk out Broadhaven to see that the houses are everywhere but no park for the children to play in (no profit in play areas ) .With this in mind I can only comment on what was said one day when I let the kids play outside the house with pavement chalk.......you would think I had let them loose with paint.....a day of rain and the chalk was gone (and lets face it we didnt have to wait long for the rain 2 days) but the memmory of the nasty comments linger on.If they cant tolerate kids happily and quietly drawing pictures with chalk whats going to be said about kids running shouting and kicking a ball....................:confused a lot more me thinks.