PDA

View Full Version : Best time to go to Tesco on Monday?

dragonfly
24-Nov-06, 22:22
Trying to work out the best time to go shopping in Tesco's on Monday so thought I'd ask what time others are planning on going - please choose the time you are likely to be going :Razz

Alice in Blunderland
24-Nov-06, 22:29
I voted no way am I going on Monday.I dont want to be accused of trampling a granny at the till at eight o clock, working till one ,dentist at two and then I will be spending the rest of the day feeling sorry for myself as I hate the dentist especially as I have to pay for the pleasure. :(

JAWS
24-Nov-06, 22:34
The best time to go shopping at Tesco's on Monday is "Not This Monday"! [lol]

dragonfly
24-Nov-06, 22:37
I've got to go, the cupboards are empty ready for the 100's of new choices which will be available ;) & kids are fed up of living off whats lying at the bottom of the freezer :confused

Doolally
24-Nov-06, 22:42
I doubt there will be a good time to go until after Christmas!

dragonfly
24-Nov-06, 22:43
sounds like everyone will be staying away!! hooray, will have the place to myself [lol]

rfr10
24-Nov-06, 22:44
I really don't see why they are having their official opening day on a day that a lot of people are working. Could they not have made it a weekend?

footie chick
24-Nov-06, 22:46
I voted no way am I going on Monday.I dont want to be accused of trampling a granny at the till at eight o clock,

In my experience its the grannys that do the trampling:eek:

connieb19
24-Nov-06, 22:48
What time's it open on Monday? :confused

dragonfly
24-Nov-06, 22:50
8am Connie - first at the tills gets a free bottle of champers!

jambo
24-Nov-06, 23:21
got a tour around tescos today and it is pretty amazing the size of the place.

bagpuss2
24-Nov-06, 23:24
Hi,just wondering if anyone knows what times they are opening until in the evening??

rfr10
24-Nov-06, 23:34
Hi,just wondering if anyone knows what times they are opening until in the evening??

They open until 12am on Weekdays and Saturday I think and until 11pm on Sundays correct me if I'm wrong

wild1
25-Nov-06, 00:23
Thats great opening times means I can do shopping when kids are in bed and maybe a little quieter too.

mccaugm
25-Nov-06, 00:27
I cannot wait for Tescos to open - have primed hubby that as he is fitting our new kitchen this weekend that I must have goodies to fill the cupboards. So his nice relaxing Monday evening will be spent in Wick, probably sitting in the car park (he hates shopping). I heard rumour (??) that they will not be selling clothes...I thought this unlikely as every other Tesco does bar the "Metro" ones. Anyone know what the situation is?

rs 2k
25-Nov-06, 00:28
8pm it closes on a sunday

rfr10
25-Nov-06, 00:28
8pm it closes on a sunday

Really!? Must be Saturday it closes at 11 then.

rs 2k
25-Nov-06, 00:30
I cannot wait for Tescos to open - have primed hubby that as he is fitting our new kitchen this weekend that I must have goodies to fill the cupboards. So his nice relaxing Monday evening will be spent in Wick, probably sitting in the car park (he hates shopping). I heard rumour (??) that they will not be selling clothes...I thought this unlikely as every other Tesco does bar the "Metro" ones. Anyone know what the situation is?

They r selling clothes and it has a bigger department than what inverness has

I have a mate that is working there and he has been keeping me up to date :)

wild1
25-Nov-06, 00:34
Yes they are definately selling clothes my mate is working there too and she says the clothes are really nice and affordable too just what we need in time for xmas

rs 2k
25-Nov-06, 00:36
Really!? Must be Saturday it closes at 11 then.

Infact i am not sure :confused

Now i think about it, i was at the garage tonight for petrol and i saw a sign saying 6am til 12am monday to sat and sunday 8am til 8pm, but that might of just been for the garage, oh i don't know for sure :(

Will find out soon enough can't wait!!

I have decided to go on monday night, i have said all week i am not going the 1st day it opens, i wanted to go on fri night about 9pm, but i have decided tonight to go on monday night about 8pm

Big G
25-Nov-06, 01:14
[quote=rs 2k;164405]Infact i am not sure :confused

Now i think about it, i was at the garage tonight for petrol and i saw a sign saying 6am til 12am monday to sat and sunday 8am til 8pm, but that might of just been for the garage, oh i don't know for sure :(

Cant be the garage's opening times, as it is open 24hrs i thought!
Yeah i heard the clothes department is HUGE!! I'm not sure when we are going down to Wick - doubt if it will b on Monday.

Fran
25-Nov-06, 01:21
The petrol station closes at midnight but there are machines to put your credit card in so that you can get petrol at any time. Great.
They have clothes up to size 18 i was told, but that might be wrong. they say larger clothes aRE ONLY AT eLGIN. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_8_9.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZN) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_18_2.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZN)

There is 15% off all clothes at Tesco, dont know if that will apply to the new store.

DarkAngel
25-Nov-06, 10:36
Ill be going into Tesco in the morning between 10am and 12. Once the little one is up and had his bottle ill be goin up to do lots of shopping. Tesco in Inverness does upto a size 18?

Fran do u mean Larger than an 18 is in Elgin?:)

Apparently their clothes dept is the size of somerfield..Maybe just stories though. We shall see on Monday! Yay!!

connieb19
25-Nov-06, 11:27
I heard the clothing dept is nearly the size of Somerfield too. I wish someone knew the proper opening hours. I was hoping it would be open at 6am and closing at midnight, the same as the pumps. I think I'll be going at about 11 o'clock at night if it is.

henry20
25-Nov-06, 12:08
Official opening hours according to a leaflet just in:

Mon-Sat 6am to Midnight
Sunday: 8am to 8pm

Store opens at 8am on Monday, but the official opening is at 10am.

Join us at 10am for a glass of Tesco Premier Cru Champagne at our official launch celebrations. Store Manager, Charlie Burness, will make a donation on behalf of the Tesco Charity Trust to staff and children from Caithness Early Years Autism Centre. The children will cut the ribbon to officially open the new store.

rfr10
25-Nov-06, 13:15
I think that when I go up, it will be after 4 because I don't want to go when it's just opened and packed out with people and I can't drink champaign anyway- too young:D I also hear that the first person in gets a plasma TV.

angela5
25-Nov-06, 13:27
I also hear that the first person in gets a plasma TV.

Now where's my sleeping bag.:D

rfr10
25-Nov-06, 18:58
Thought we'd go up and have a look how they are getting on today.. saw lots of nosey people (including us) going round the carpark. The place looks huge inside. Looks quite a bit bigger than the Dingwall and Inverness one.

Alice in Blunderland
25-Nov-06, 19:11
Now where's my sleeping bag.:D

I can give you a loan of the kids pop up tent to keep the rain off :lol: So long as if you get a bottle or tv you invite us all round.

angela5
25-Nov-06, 19:19
I can give you a loan of the kids pop up tent to keep the rain off :lol: So long as if you get a bottle or tv you invite us all round.

Fantastic Alice that'll be grand, let's hope it's not too windy then.:D

Alice in Blunderland
25-Nov-06, 20:25
I didnt mention its a barbie tent so Im afraid youll look a ticket but you might get your photo on the front of the Groat, fame at last :eek:

badger
25-Nov-06, 21:11
In my experience its the grannys that do the trampling:eek:

Well here's one granny that won't either be trampled or trampling (show some respect you lot :roll: ). 8.0 am is entirely uncivilised and not even Tesco is going to persuade me out at that hour. Watch out though - I'll be there eventually, umbrella at the ready.

angela5
25-Nov-06, 21:27
I didnt mention its a barbie tent so Im afraid youll look a ticket but you might get your photo on the front of the Groat, fame at last :eek:

With a bit of luck the wind will blow it away barbie's a bit dated anyway.:D

Moira
25-Nov-06, 22:48
Sorry to disappoint you all - but my tent is already pitched at the entrance - (it's guaranteed Wicker-proof) with my guard dog in place to keep the queue in order (see my avatar & shake) - you have no chance! ;)

Venture
26-Nov-06, 01:02
Delighted to receive vouchers from Tesco yesterday along with all the information about the store. It looks huge inside especially the clothing section. I cant work out though where the cafe is on the plan. The vouchers were really good by the way £10 off £30 worth of shopping for the next four weeks. Thats pretty good seeing as Somerfields have an offer on just now that only gives you £3 off £30. Know where Ill be doing my Christmas and New Year shop.

highlander2222
26-Nov-06, 08:56
got a tour around tescos today and it is pretty amazing the size of the place.

Better than tynecastle

Sandra
26-Nov-06, 14:25
I'm not planning on going anywhere near Tesco until the new year, when the fuss/crowds have died down and there is likely to be something left on the shelves lol :lol:

Liz
26-Nov-06, 19:23
Delighted to receive vouchers from Tesco yesterday along with all the information about the store. It looks huge inside especially the clothing section. I cant work out though where the cafe is on the plan. The vouchers were really good by the way £10 off £30 worth of shopping for the next four weeks. Thats pretty good seeing as Somerfields have an offer on just now that only gives you £3 off £30. Know where Ill be doing my Christmas and New Year shop.

Did you get vouchers sent in the post? I never got any!!:(

candyfloss
26-Nov-06, 19:30
I'm not planning on going anywhere near Tesco until the new year, when the fuss/crowds have died down and there is likely to be something left on the shelves lol :lol:
Good idea !
I'm sick of hearing about Tesco's, its Tesco's this and Tesco's that, and no i don't work in Somerfields [lol]

connieb19
26-Nov-06, 19:32
Did you get vouchers sent in the post? I never got any!!:(
Me neither, giving me another excuse to moan today, Grrrrr!!! lol [evil]

jambo
26-Nov-06, 19:40
yes highlander2222 it is better than tynecastle.the only downside to tescos is that the cafe is pretty small.

young
26-Nov-06, 19:43
Me neither, giving me another excuse to moan today, Grrrrr!!! lol [evil]

i never got vouchers either:confused maybe come in post tomorrow!! not that i am going to tesco then i will wait for a few days!

dragonfly
26-Nov-06, 23:41
yes highlander2222 it is better than tynecastle.the only downside to tescos is that the cafe is pretty small.

my hubby's birthday tomorrow so I am treating him to lunch in Tesco's cafe - though as a fellow Jambo, doubt he will share your sentiments!

groatsgirl
27-Nov-06, 00:47

Got my vouchers a few days ago !!! Went shopping in Somerfield on Friday all they could give me was £1 off my next shop ,is that the best they can do ? Not only that its always the same old offers & half the time they have run out anyway !! Cant wait to do all my shopping under one roof & loads more choice !!

Fran
27-Nov-06, 02:40
The freezer is emptied and defrosted, the cupboards are bare, Im off to Tesco for a day trip tomorrow for shopping and lunch out and fill the car with frozen food and other goodies. Lovely. they have jeans for £3 and T-shirts for £1.99, but dont know if this applies to the Wick store.

Astra
27-Nov-06, 08:10
(Is tesco open at 8am every day or just today and what time does it shut at night . thanks)

It's ok seen it on another page

Mr P Cannop
27-Nov-06, 08:51
tescos will be very busy today

newpark
27-Nov-06, 09:31
make sure you let us all know what it was like please. And good luck winning the free champagne.

krieve
27-Nov-06, 12:28
Not long back it is Massive! I couldn't remember the stuff i was needing like food [lol] so i just bought stuff that i wanted like clothes.:lol:

angela5
27-Nov-06, 12:37
Not long back it is Massive! I couldn't remember the stuff i was needing like food so i just bought stuff that i wanted like clothes.

Typical of you krieve :lol: Long wait at the checkout ?? :D

krieve
27-Nov-06, 12:49
Typical of you krieve Long wait at the checkout ??
no went to selfservice;) [lol]

Kaishowing
27-Nov-06, 12:56
Just come back from there...It looks very nice indeed.
I got a few flashbacks to the opening of homebase though, where the place was packed out opening weekend...then after that fairly empty.
Just hope that Tesco's doesn't end up quite that quiet though.
Nice to see a bakery, and a deli and a fishmongers!
Will go back later/tomorrow to have a proper look, but on first glance it looked very good.

Rheghead
27-Nov-06, 15:38
I just got back and I'm fairly impressed with the choice on offer. I was also impressed with the way a supervisor was instructing a shelf stacker on customer service protocol. It seems it may be old faces but new uniforms and attitudes afterall...

zappster
27-Nov-06, 16:31
my hubby's birthday tomorrow so I am treating him to lunch in Tesco's cafe - though as a fellow Jambo, doubt he will share your sentiments! what a coincidence Its ma wifes birthday today as well!! Tescos was busy but there was no hassle atall getting around & got served pretty quick as well!

angela5
27-Nov-06, 16:41
Just back from Tesco's well worth going, plenty on offer and no hassle getting served at the checkout. The nice young man serving me packed all my bags.:D

Dali
27-Nov-06, 16:48
Did anyone outside of wick get any vouchers yet ??

angela5
27-Nov-06, 17:15

I'm in Wick and did not recieve vouchers.:confused

frogface
27-Nov-06, 17:46
I'm in Thurso and got vouchers, I thought it was because I'm already a Clubcard holder but not sure :confused !!

Bradcon
27-Nov-06, 18:02
I'm in Wick and already have a clubcard, but have not received any vouchers yet. Can't quite understand how it works!!!!

Spirit
27-Nov-06, 18:05
I'm a clubcard holder and live in Thurso but didn't receive any vouchers.

Dali
27-Nov-06, 18:20
I have a clubcard and have just got my clubcard vouchers. But on the front page of the org says they are giving out spend £30 and get £10 off vouchers to houses accross the county .

dragonfly
27-Nov-06, 18:25
Well we went through and arrived about 11:30ish, and although busy, there was no feeling of being overcrowded. Really impressed with range of goods and choices!!! spent loads and my freezer is now nice and full - also got voucher for £8 off when you spend £40 - not a bad saving! :lol:

bobsgirl
27-Nov-06, 18:29
I was one of the ones who originally voted saying 'I aint going to Tesco on Monday' but it ended up my mate and her hubby took me along. I did not do much shopping much to hubby's delight but am going back through tomorrow with my sister.
It was great to shop where everything is all under one roof!! I didn't think it was too busy but it was busy enough. Seemed busier in the toy/electronics area.
The staff were very helpful and nice to talk to!
Only 2 problems, when we first went in the alarm was going off everytime someone left the shop and 2nd problem was the till that we picked the conveyor belt wasnt working so we had to keep shuffling their shopping up.
Apart from that it is a great shop.
Will certainly be going again but can see hubby cutting up my credit card!!!:lol:

groatsgirl
28-Nov-06, 01:01

Im in John O Groats i got my vouchers, ive never had a club card ?

candyfloss
28-Nov-06, 09:44
I'm another one who said i was'nt going on Monday, but when the kids came home from school they went on and on at me so we went a look after dinner time.
They've got some lovely stuff, i could quite easily spend a fortune, got my vouchers too spend £30 and get £10 off.

sharon
28-Nov-06, 10:50
we went in the evening, it was bigger than i thought it would of ended up to be, there were a lot of people and could still move around the shop with ease, but if you were to put them all in somerfields you wouldn't be able to move........

:~( i never got my vouchers yet!!! hope will soon, going back without the kids at the weekend to get a proper look around instead of hearing, i want this and that!!:Razz

Venture
28-Nov-06, 18:27
I was in Somerfields today and the staff outnumbered the customers . There were only 3 customers in the whole shop and one checkout operator. The main street was like a ghost town with hardly anybody in the shops.

unicorn
28-Nov-06, 18:43
I didn't get vouchers either, I just assumed it was because I had a clubcard already but I did get a £3 off when you spend £10 with my till receipt.

Piglet
28-Nov-06, 19:09
I didn't get vouchers either but some in the village did.

Praetorian
28-Nov-06, 19:11
8.12am was a bad time for TESCOs first shoplifter - Wonder if it was a bottle of Champagne??

neepnipper
28-Nov-06, 23:13
Don't know how true this is but I heard Tescos took £158,000.00 on Monday.

ice box
29-Nov-06, 00:13
Not bad for a days work . Does anyone know about the bus that is meant to be running back and four ? And if so were does it pick up at .

Kaishowing
29-Nov-06, 13:13
Just wondering.......was that our very own Niall Fernie wandering round with a camera on a tripod and a ladder???:)

young
29-Nov-06, 17:55
i was just wondering if anyone else has still not recieved there vouchers in the post from tescos as i have not got them yet:confused

crashbandicoot1979
29-Nov-06, 17:58
i was just wondering if anyone else has still not recieved there vouchers in the post from tescos as i have not got them yet:confused

I've never received any vouchers either.

henry20
29-Nov-06, 18:20
No, hubby got ones for double points, but someone at my work said that if you ask at customer services why you didn't get a £10 off voucher, they will give you one. Not sure if its true or not, but worth a try :)

danc1ngwitch
29-Nov-06, 18:40
Im in John O Groats i got my vouchers, ive never had a club card ?

i got my 10 pound off if u spend over 30 on i think it was either sat or monday

andrew68
29-Nov-06, 19:30
I believe that it is only non clubcard holders who are getting the vouchers. Seemingly it is a promotion. Do not think this is fair.

connieb19
29-Nov-06, 19:36
I believe that it is only non clubcard holders who are getting the vouchers. Seemingly it is a promotion. Do not think this is fair.
I don't have a card and I've had no vouchers. :(

Samuri
29-Nov-06, 19:44
I don't have a card and I've had no vouchers. :(

Awwwhhh that's a shame connieb! I don't have a card or vouchers either so that makes two of us, it's just not fair is it? :~(

Alice in Blunderland
29-Nov-06, 21:21
I dont have a card and did not receive vouchers,weeboyagee has a card and has no vouchers either ,if he had I would have knicked them by now and used them for a worthwhile cause......:cool: a nice bottle of plonk I think.To be honest I am not that bothered if I receive them or not.:D

Kaishowing
29-Nov-06, 21:29
FYI: If you go to customer services (at least at the moment) and ask about the £10 vouchers, you'll recieve a sheet with 4 £10 vouchers that you can use when you spend £30 or more at a visit.
Only 1 voucher is valid per week, starting from 27th Nov to 3rd Dec and weekly after that.

Worth asking for.;)

connieb19
29-Nov-06, 23:30
FYI: If you go to customer services (at least at the moment) and ask about the £10 vouchers, you'll recieve a sheet with 4 £10 vouchers that you can use when you spend £30 or more at a visit.
Only 1 voucher is valid per week, starting from 27th Nov to 3rd Dec and weekly after that.

Worth asking for.;)
GRRRR!!! I asked and was told I would be receiving them in the post. :roll:

Kaishowing
30-Nov-06, 02:26
GRRRR!!! I asked and was told I would be receiving them in the post. :roll:

I hope they arrive before the 3rd of Dec then, or the first of the 4 vouchers will be void!?!
It may be worth becoming a pain in the bum and asking again!:lol:

henry20
30-Nov-06, 09:01
I sent hubby to ask last night and he was told that the vouchers were sent out randomly and that some people would get them, others wouldn't. Thats life I guess! I still managed to spend £111.01 :D

angela5
30-Nov-06, 11:24
I recieved my vouchers in the post yesterday.:D

Gross
30-Nov-06, 11:34
If you have asked not to receive junk mail then you won't get them.