PDA

View Full Version : "Missing" Cockerel at Canisbay Show

garron28
17-Jun-12, 11:14
Any information on the whereabouts of a Buff Plymouth Rock cockerel which was "removed" from its cage in the poultry tent at the Canisbay show yesterday between 9.30 and 10am would be much appreciated. A young boy is very upset and now frightened to show his birds at all the other summer shows incase this happens agian. Thanks.

pat
17-Jun-12, 13:59
Hope your "missing" cockerel is returned soon to the young boy.

billmoseley
17-Jun-12, 15:44
that is awful. he must be a fine lad if someone thought him worth stealing in front of everyone but some one must have seen this happening

banjo
17-Jun-12, 16:09
I have been involved with Poultry Shows for over 30 years and have never known this to happen. Mistakes do happen but they are resolved quickly. The time you state it must have happened before the Judging even started and i bet it was an excellent cockerel. This is very sad for anyone never mind a young lad and I am not surprised he does not wish to show his birds again. I hope someone comes forward with information so the cockerel can be returned to its rightful owner. As they say " it will all come out in the wash"

stiggy
17-Jun-12, 17:21
Really hope who ever took him will have the decency to return him. I know our daughter would have be heart broken if it had been one of hers.

garron28
03-Jul-12, 23:56
Thanks everyone for all the replies and comments. Needless to say the cockerel hasn't appeared. However, a cockerel of the same breed was dumped off at the Canisbay Showground and was found in a nearby garden. It was the same breed as the 'missing' one but thats where the resemblance ends. It was a very poor specimen of the breed, infested with lice and obviously hadn't been well looked after. So the wee lads hopes were raised for a while as he thought his cockerel had been found, but were soon dashed back down again when he opened the box. The "culprit" either thought the wee lad woudn't recognise his own cockerel or thought that the cockerel would be found dead in a heap of orange feathers and that would be the end of the story. Either way, it was a nasty thing to do and only emphasises what a lowlife they are. This act also confirms that the cockerel was stolen, and presumably, by someone who keeps the same breed. You dont have to be Inspector Morse to work that one out!