PDA

View Full Version : The leaving of Orange

secrets in symmetry
17-Jun-12, 01:53
Having taken out a new mobile phone contract with Vodafone last week, I called Orange to ask for a PAC code to transfer my mobile number to my new phone. By the time the call had ended, I felt as if I had suffered a bereavement....

I would like to nominate Orange's customer services department for an Oscar. :cool:

secrets in symmetry
17-Jun-12, 23:32
I was almost feeling sorry for Orange after last week's phone call - they even sent me this letter....

it's not too late to change your mind

Hello secrets in symmetry

It's a real shame to hear that you're thinking about leaving Orange. We'd love you to stay, as there are some great new deals open to current customers like yourself.

(and so on)

Should I change my mind and go back to them?

Dadie
17-Jun-12, 23:34
Only if the deals offered are better than the one you got!....
And you dont have a penalty to pay to go back!

secrets in symmetry
17-Jun-12, 23:39
I got the phone for free from Vodafone, it would have cost £50 with Orange. Their contracts were pretty much the same in all other respects. It wasn't a big deal over two years, but it was a no-brainer on the spot....

bluechesse
18-Jun-12, 20:33
So ask Orange for a free phone and a fiver a month off your bill. They should be bettering vodafoned deal to get you back, matching it wont make it worth the hassle of changing back again.

adi1
18-Jun-12, 22:50
Big one for me was Orange have a very good 3G service up here where as Vodafone is virtually none existent in the Thurso area, I dont know what phone you wanted but a iphone 4s from dialaphone over 2 years is free

RecQuery
19-Jun-12, 07:43
Having taken out a new mobile phone contract with Vodafone last week, I called Orange to ask for a PAC code to transfer my mobile number to my new phone. By the time the call had ended, I felt as if I had suffered a bereavement....

I would like to nominate Orange's customer services department for an Oscar. :cool:

Same thing happened to me a year ago, they even tried to compete with the company I was moving to. Despite being an Orange customer since I was 14 (27 now) they couldn't even match what I was moving to.

Serenity
20-Jun-12, 15:02
Just happened to me too. Called to cancel. Eventually got passed to cancellations. Who, of course, turned out to be retentions. Told them I was unhappy with the service etc. I was pretty short with them (I try not to be they are just doing their job but jeez). So I then got passed onto the proper cancellations to get my PAC. NOPE this was another retentions. They asked why I was leaving. I told them I was unhappy with their customer service, getting passed to multiple departments to get simple things sorted and the amount of time it takes each one. He said fair enough, who are you going with. I stupidly answered and told him giff gaff. He informed me they have no phone customer service and everything is done online. I replied "You say that like it is a bad thing". Eventually got my cancellation and PAC. But what a joke.

I was pretty peeved with them the whole time. If I was doing my usual polite thing I can't imagine how long it would have taken. As it was 45 mins!