PDA

View Full Version : Are you famous?

secrets in symmetry
17-Jun-12, 01:47
I was talking to a couple of people at a public event a couple of days ago. One chap looked at my name badge, and he thought he recognised my name. He asked....

"Are you famous?"

I answered with a quick "no", but I suppose I'm not exactly unknown in my scientific discipline. Indeed, I have been asked at conferences whether I am the Secrets in Symmetry. :cool:

Are you famous?

iain
17-Jun-12, 07:30
Yes

in my own head

squidge
17-Jun-12, 09:38
Absolutely - Regularly - Last week I was Isabella Macduff.

I am also famous for my Burns Parties.

RecQuery
17-Jun-12, 12:34
I've been described as a legend by a few people if that counts.

Alrock
17-Jun-12, 13:02
Don't confuse Famous with Infamous...
http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs24/f/2008/021/4/c/devil_laghin_by_Scotsgirl_606.gif

teddybear1873
17-Jun-12, 14:13
I used to be asked from time to time if I was one of the Proclaimers lol.

In fact when I was working in Savannah Georgia, a photographer stopped me and thought I was one of them. I should have led him on and belted out "Letter From America"

billmoseley
17-Jun-12, 15:41
i'm a legend in my own mind lolol

secrets in symmetry
17-Jun-12, 19:13
http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs24/f/2008/021/4/c/devil_laghin_by_Scotsgirl_606.gifI knew I was infamous, but it seems I may be famous too. :cool:

Rheghead
17-Jun-12, 21:29
I'm infamous in respect to my postings on renewable energy on this forum. I was reliably informed by an insider that Caithness Windfarm Information Forum members discussed at length at one of their meetings on how they would rotate between themselves to reply to my postings.

Alan16
17-Jun-12, 21:55
I seemed to once be rather infamous on the Org as "That arrogant and ignorant sixteen year old student who knew nothing about the real world". Weirdly this went on for more than one year...

secrets in symmetry
17-Jun-12, 23:20
I'm infamous in respect to my postings on renewable energy on this forum. I was reliably informed by an insider that Caithness Windfarm Information Forum members discussed at length at one of their meetings on how they would rotate between themselves to reply to my postings.Lol! I knew CWIF were a bunch of jokers, but I didn't know they needed to gang up on you systematically to survive! :cool:

I seemed to once be rather infamous on the Org as "That arrogant and ignorant sixteen year old student who knew nothing about the real world". Weirdly this went on for more than one year...Having looked through your oldest posts, that sounds a little unfair....

However, your more recent ones are no better than your oldest ones.... Have you not grown up since then? :cool:

Windups aside, you should try being famous without knowing why - it's a bizarre experience....

Dadie
17-Jun-12, 23:29
Woohoo Im on youtube,,,Wick harbour fest!
Am I famous ...no!

secrets in symmetry
17-Jun-12, 23:36
Woohoo Im on youtube,,,Wick harbour fest!
Am I famous ...no!You're famous now Dadie! :cool:

Are you going to tell us where we can see you?

Dadie
17-Jun-12, 23:42
Errm pushing an orange buggy .....with a little girl in lime and hot pink dress wandering...Euan in buggy and hubby somewhere and Lauren escaped it prob in portaloos!
I was too hot in my jumper ...but it was cold earlier in the day....plus i never noticed I had put my top on underneath on back to front so couldnt take my jumper off!

secrets in symmetry
18-Jun-12, 00:02
I spotted you - and you do look hot. :cool:

Dadie
18-Jun-12, 00:45
Well sis I need a job that casn go around hubbs oncall system..
But I would like pocket money thats mine...................but the only time I need off is for a wedding in the first week in sept!

John Little
18-Jun-12, 07:37
I'm famous round Nottingham but my boss Robin is even more well known. The sheriff is still looking for him...

oldmarine
19-Jun-12, 21:16
http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs24/f/2008/021/4/c/devil_laghin_by_Scotsgirl_606.gif

It depends on whom you ask. Some will include me with the Infamous...:lol::lol:

philupmaboug
20-Jun-12, 15:17
Think I was once called a Legend, but then again the guy did have a speech impediment so it could have been Leg end :-(