PDA

View Full Version : Children's indoor area and crecheas

Koi
15-Jun-12, 11:46
Just wanting to know how many people in caithness would use a soft play area complete with a creche? Play area would be split into two, one for babies to about 3 years. (give or take if your child is an advanced climber like my 2 year old son is) The other area would be a climbing soft play area complete with different kind of slides for the different ages (3+ but depends on how good your child is at climbing as my 2 year old copes really well with the 3/4 + areas) There would be another option or area i'm not a hundred percent sure atm if it would be part of it or seperate but there will be a creche in the building as well where you could leave your child for a couple of hours.
The indoor play area and creche would be open from 9-5 during the week and 9-5 at the weekend. There could be a possibility of earlier opening times if there was a need for it.
Seeing how much my 2 year old son loved the two soft play areas we too him to when we were away down south a few weeks ago has made me think seriously about setting one up. I'm not a stranger to buisness as my partner has a buisness and have seen the in and outs of it so i know roughly of what i'm going to be getting myself into.
The idea is that i'd team up with a local food supplier in ormlie already for the food side of it, we'd supply drinks like milk, water, squash, fruit juice etc. Both areas will be suitable for parents to join in with their children and all children bar children in the creche would have to be supervised by their parents/carer. In the creche there will be fully disclosed staff to supervise the children.
I'm still thinking about where the best area will be. Ormlie industry estate is looking like a winner as there will be plenty of parking and the buildings will be big enough.

Linford_28
15-Jun-12, 11:53
This is really what thurso needs.. i would defo go with my kids.

starfish
15-Jun-12, 11:59
brilliant idea good luck with your plans more activity for families is needed here

mumof2
15-Jun-12, 17:41
it's a fab idea, i've thought about something similar but never really had a clue how to go about it! i would love to have a big play area like play zone in inverness but a bigger version. i would have night time sessions where u dim the lights and have laser tag for teens or older kids. well, let me know how you get on with your plans and if you are ever looking for staff give me a shout!

Alrock
15-Jun-12, 18:02
Why not team up with whoever it is who's planning to re-open the Cinema & amalgamate the 2 into 1.

Koi
15-Jun-12, 18:09
it's a fab idea, i've thought about something similar but never really had a clue how to go about it! i would love to have a big play area like play zone in inverness but a bigger version. i would have night time sessions where u dim the lights and have laser tag for teens or older kids. well, let me know how you get on with your plans and if you are ever looking for staff give me a shout!

Yes i sure will. Don't know at the moment as to how many staff i will need but you've certainly given me a good idea for teenagers.

Why not team up with whoever it is who's planning to re-open the Cinema & amalgamate the 2 into 1.

I have thought about the cinema but to be honest i think it would be a huge gamble setting up there as its been tarred with past failures. I also don't think its the best place for it either. The play area climbing frame will be one that adults up to a certain weight can go so teenagers during evening sessions will be able to use it and parents can go on the equipment with their children. I'm looking into premises but looking more likely to be in ormlie industry estate as its got the space i'll need.
My son has been a big influence on how i'm thinking of laying it out and what kind of equipment the place will have.

Truly at the moment teaming up with whoever is opening up the cinema again looks unlikely. It's a possibility but not sure as to whether it would be a good idea.

bluechesse
16-Jun-12, 01:13
Hi, I think a very similar service is offered by the new PPP building in Wick. Im lead to believe its been pretty successful and I know of a few people who have brought their kids through from Thurso for a shot in the play area. With this in mind, I would certianly have thought there would be a market for it in Thurso. My wee boy is a bit young for it yet, but as soon as he's big enough he'll be going to the one at the PPP.

Moonboots
16-Jun-12, 12:31
I have looked at this before for Thurso however after marketing research and financial clauses.
It was decided not to take this further as the business would not benefit due to the catchment area.

There wasnt much help either from HIE or Buisness Gateway to help me further.

Good luck on your venture though. Hope you manage it

cezzy1234
16-Jun-12, 21:41
go for it its what a place like this needs i will back you all the way thurso needs things for the kids...

pads1
19-Jun-12, 15:10
I think this is a fantastic idea, if it coffee n cake could also be got this would be brill, I reguarly take a trip to Wick for my Son to play with his little buddies in PPP - he is 2.5 years old and LOVES it.