PDA

View Full Version : chinese takeaway

skydivvy
19-Jan-05, 10:56
I see the police, who have apprehended yet another criminal. Well done! The chinese take-a-way owners dared to commit the henious crime of opening later than their licence allowed! And I thought the police were only good for chasing motorists!
It's so much easier to turn a blind eye to a sixteen year old drug dealer about whom the police said, quote ' it's not him we're after - it's the big boys.'
Come on, lets get rid of the anti-social ellement and not punish those who are providing a much needed service!

the pendelum has swung too far!

©Amethyst
19-Jan-05, 12:41
Which chinese takeaway is this? I know a couple of chinese folk who run takeaways, but haven't heard anything... so out of curiosity... which one?

skydivvy
19-Jan-05, 14:28
yun ping wang's.

He got off with a warning.

©Amethyst
19-Jan-05, 17:20
ah right. he's not one I know personally.

john278
19-Jan-05, 18:09
The police targetting any business for licence infingements is absurd when drug dealers are being ignored.
Certain locenced premises in this county openly abuse the law and never get bothered.
when will the law get it's act together and make it safe for decent citizens to walk the streets and honest hardworking businessmen get on with providing an honest service.

N.B.
crooked businessmen/women never have any problems screwing us!! [evil]

jjc
20-Jan-05, 21:28
The chinese take-a-way owners dared to commit the henious crime of opening later than their licence allowed!
I suspect that this isn’t going to be a popular point, but surely the law is the law and, heinous or not, breaking licensing laws is a crime?

You’re right; the police shouldn’t be ignoring drug dealers – even the ‘small’ ones. But that is what you should be complaining about, not them enforcing the laws you don’t think are serious (after all, I'm quite sure that there are people out there who don't think that dealing drugs is a serious crime).

skydivvy
20-Jan-05, 21:51
[quote="jjcI suspect that this isn’t going to be a popular point, but surely the law is the law and, heinous or not, breaking licensing laws is a crime?

I didn't mean to say that any one should break the law - I just wanted to make the point that the only lawbreakers that seem to be caught up here are the soft options.

The Angel Of Death
21-Jan-05, 15:46
Certain locenced premises in this county openly abuse the law and never get bothered.

Yea its funny as well I have heard a few stories of the police asking "nicely" to keep a bar open so they can drink after hours

hotrod4
25-Jan-05, 06:49
It is ridiculous that the police seem more interested in late takeaway hours when i have been in licensed premises and physically seen off-duty police officers drinking after hours!!!
Surely this smacks of one rule for some and one rule for the rest???.
It is a well known fact that the police are scared of the drug dealers and "let them off" even after been informed!!
Also what is the point of our local warden who is on friendly terms with known villains!!!

philupmaboug
25-Jan-05, 10:53
You should remember 'skydivvy' it is a lot easier to catch a shop than a moving car. :lol:

Rheghead
25-Jan-05, 18:50
I wonder if the chinese takeaway can open 24/7 like pubs can after 7th February when the new licensing laws come into force?

gravedigga
25-Jan-05, 18:56
What licensing laws are these?

Rheghead
25-Jan-05, 19:01
As far as i am led to believe, new european style laws come in where the licencees can stay open as long as there are customers in the place. It is all to do with staggering the chuck-out time and reducing violence on the streets. The licencee of the Halladale inn (The Croft) was telling me about them, and it was on the telly news.

katarina
27-Jan-05, 09:56
I wonder if the chinese takeaway can open 24/7 like pubs can after 7th February when the new licensing laws come into force?

Surely if they want to reduce the yob element in the streets, they should encourage food takeaways to stay open. A full belly absorbs some of the alcohol and therefore I would think, would reduce the problem. Of course the police are right to enforce the law - it's the law that shopuld be changed, giving the police more time to chase the real criminals.

Zael
27-Jan-05, 14:51
I heard that the reason they stayed open in the first place was to serve the yobs that continually banged on the window while the shop was being cleaned after closing.

Also heard that the police would not come out to move them on.