PDA

View Full Version : Halogen Heater

Liz
24-Nov-06, 15:24
My heater won't work as the on/off button won't stay down!:(

Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this?

I have emailed the makers (Omicron) but haven't received a reply.

I must say I'm fed up with these heaters as they seem to be quite 'flimsy'.

If I can't get this one sorted can anyone recommend an alternative which is cheap to run?

I have solid fuel central heating but on really cold days need an extra heat source.

Thanks!

davem
24-Nov-06, 15:31
hi
this may be a bit obvious but have you tried the fuse?
always worth checking out the easy stuff 1st
apologies if you have
dave

Liz
24-Nov-06, 15:47
Hi Dave

It's not the fuse as the heater works as long as I hold the on button down!

Apology accepted!:lol:

Not that it was needed!

captain chaos
24-Nov-06, 15:55
Liz

Give them a call as its easier to get a reply over the phone sometimes.

I am also guessing that a new switch including post & packing will be about the same cost as a new heater.

Omicron Trading Limited
4 Grovemere Court
Bicton Industrial Park
Kimbolton
Cambridgeshire
PE28 0EY

By Phone
+44 (0)1480 869000

squidge
24-Nov-06, 16:02
I like the portable oil heaters. They arent expensive to run and they heat the place up quite quickly

Liz
24-Nov-06, 16:02
Liz

Give them a call as its easier to get a reply over the phone sometimes.

I am also guessing that a new switch including post & packing will be about the same cost as a new heater.

Omicron Trading Limited
4 Grovemere Court
Bicton Industrial Park
Kimbolton
Cambridgeshire
PE28 0EY

By Phone
+44 (0)1480 869000

Cheers for that Captain Chaos!

I will give them a ring although I suspect you are correct in saying that the replacement button will probably cost as much as a new heater!

I know they are not expensive but I would expect them to last at least a couple of years!

Liz
24-Nov-06, 16:04
I like the portable oil heaters. They arent expensive to run and they heat the place up quite quickly

I was thinking of getting one of those. Are they expensive?

henry20
24-Nov-06, 16:06
Liz, I have one. They aren't overly dear to buy and are very effective - only problem is, we used ours as a seat and the wheels are buckled :roll:

Liz
24-Nov-06, 16:07
Liz, I have one. They aren't overly dear to buy and are very effective - only problem is, we used ours as a seat and the wheels are buckled :roll:

Thanks for that. Will remember not to sit on it!!!!!:lol:

henry20
24-Nov-06, 16:15
http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?perPage=10&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&currPage=1&searchTerms=OIL+RADIATOR&searchScope=458&searchType=&viewType=seeAll&maxResults=27&sortBy_1=32768&x=9&y=13

Try this for prices - or try the hydro. They would also have them. If in Thurso, maybe Alacam would have them and I'm sure I've seen them in Woolies.

If not, you could borrow my wonky one ;) I really should see if I can put a flat base on it, but we never use it. (Unless Jeid notices this and steals it for his room as he's always cold!)

angela5
24-Nov-06, 17:13
I was thinking of getting one of those. Are they expensive?

Homebase has them they were £19.99 the last time i looked.

Liz
24-Nov-06, 19:24
Well I phoned Omicron and they are going to send a replacement button free of charge!:D

Hope I can fit it now.

Thanks a lot everyone for your help. This is really appreciated.

I will definitely get an oil filled radiator when my Halogen Heater packs in again.