PDA

View Full Version : Ire continues

Rheghead
24-Nov-06, 14:06
Just when you think things are getting better, another (notorious) nutter fans the flames on the beautiful emerald isle. Will they ever learn? I know we can laugh at sectarian banter over the old firm but we all know that it sits at one end of the same spectrum. Can we ever get along?[evil]

crashbandicoot1979
24-Nov-06, 14:15
For a start, a MULTIPLE murderer shouldn't be roaming the streets anyway, considering he killed 3 people less than 10 years ago. I find that fact alone very disturbing.

They need to rise above him and continue talks. If not, then he's got his way. I doubt they'll ever overcome the whole problem but they at least need to make an attempt.

the nomad
24-Nov-06, 15:12
The one thing I couldn't agree with in the peace process was the releasing known killers who were no better than terrorists. They used to say it was a war, that was until the Army shot back, then that's not fair.

The troubles started as a just and noble cause, and spiralled into a sectarian blood bath.:~(

The only time they different sides talked was to agree who was getting what share of the law breaking activities.

The later stages in Ireland were heart breaking, it went beyond religion and anyone was fair game. Greysteel and Omagh are classic examples, blodshed and pain for nothing.:~(

I love Ireland and the people. Terror has no place in Ireland anymore. Politicians who don't want peace do not speak for the people.

I'm sorry it may sound like a rant but I feel very strongly about this.