PDA

View Full Version : High Tea

masterchefjake
12-Jun-12, 19:10
Evening all.

Is there anywhere in Thurso or close by that serves High Tea anymore? I know the Upper Deck at Scrabster do on a friday, saturday and sunday, but was wondering if there was anywhere else.

Thanks in advance of any replies.

Tugmistress
12-Jun-12, 20:10
Depends what you mean by High Tea, but the new place in the old chapel down at Scrabster harbour gives me the impression that they probably will do something similar, although this is only second hand info from me as i have not actually been inside it yet.

starfish
12-Jun-12, 20:35
auckergill towers but think you need a morgage

cazmanian_minx
13-Jun-12, 02:42
Think the Halladale Inn at Melvich does on a Sunday, but that might be too far for you?

thoms83
13-Jun-12, 09:17
The new place in the old chapel down at Scrabster harbour gives me the impression that they probably will do something similar.

Yip, Cups tearoom in the old chapel at Scrabster do high teas.

www.cups-scrabster.co.uk (http://www.cups-scrabster.co.uk)

Hoida
13-Jun-12, 10:01
The Halladale do high teas every day as far as I know and I believe it is very good value and lovely home baking :lol:

gerry4
13-Jun-12, 10:43
The Tea Cosy in Mey does high tea, depending on what you mean by high tea. Theirs is sandwiches, cake & biscuit with a pot of tea or coffee. All served off china plates & cups. Very good.

liz_paul
17-Jun-12, 19:12
Dunnet Hotel does a great High Tea and reasonable

secrets in symmetry
17-Jun-12, 19:14
I haven't had High Tea since I was a kid in Caithness - I'm not sure I can even remember what it is, but I'm pretty sure it's more than sandwiches, cake and tea or coffee!

theone
18-Jun-12, 00:27
I haven't had High Tea since I was a kid in Caithness - I'm not sure I can even remember what it is, but I'm pretty sure it's more than sandwiches, cake and tea or coffee!

Me too.

As I remember it, in the Pentland, it was a main course off the dinner menu followed by cakes/scones and tea coffee.

Long time ago...............

secrets in symmetry
18-Jun-12, 01:12
Me too.

As I remember it, in the Pentland, it was a main course off the dinner menu followed by cakes/scones and tea coffee.

Long time ago...............That sounds about right. :cool: