PDA

View Full Version : Anyone work offshore through an Agency?

wings
24-Nov-06, 13:14
Hey folks,

If you or your partner is working offshore just now through an aberdeen agency,,, Would you be able to supply me with the agencies name and telephone number please?

Am gonna be sorting out cvs to send to them on behalf of my partner.
At present im struggling to find much info on the agencies although i'm sure there's bound to be many..

cheers...

Gogglebox
24-Nov-06, 13:23
pm'd you
Have a spreadsheet with just about them all for uk on and lots for various locations abroad

Antediluvian
24-Nov-06, 13:38
As well as the spread sheet, I would advise you consult the Recruitment and Employers Confederation
http://rec3.netxtra.net/directory/search.asp?dir=1

Do a search here for Oil and Gas in Scotland. Using an agency that does not subscribe to the REC will be a big risk. I had a quick scan through the list and there are some agencies that claim Oil and Gas but are just fibbing, your best bet would be to call them and ask what offshore placements they have.

Also, you can use agencies not based in Aberdeen for offshore work, there will be quite a few in Humberside you may want to consider. As well as agencies, searching for service companies will throw up organisations that are psuedo agencies who put people off on fixed term contracts, Petrofac spring to mind. Including speculative applications also check the website www.oilcareers.com. They have the largest database of active oil and gas jobs, although many may be abroad and onshore.

Good Luck

squashed frog
24-Nov-06, 17:05
have a wee look on www.oilandgasjobsearch.com there's usually a lot of vacancies on there