PDA

View Full Version : HOUSEHOLD (cleaning ) TIPS

paris
23-Nov-06, 20:13
Has anyone got any tips to share, ? Instead of using products like vanish i make up a spray bottle of washing powder and water mix then spray onto stains before they go in the wash. They always come out nice and clean and dont need another wash to get the stains out. ( sad i know but it works ) jan x

golach
23-Nov-06, 20:16
http://www.hintsandthings.co.uk/

try this web site, helps me with my daily chores :lol:

paris
23-Nov-06, 20:20
Just added that to my favorites Golach, Thanks jan x

Billy Boy
23-Nov-06, 20:25
i have a good household tip, i alway's use mrs bb,a little bit of motivation, a bit of elbow grease and everything comes up lovely chubbly[lol]

golach
23-Nov-06, 20:28
i have a good household tip, i alway's use mrs bb,a little bit of motivation, a bit of elbow grease and everything comes up lovely chubbly[lol]
do you put her (MrsBB) in soapy liquid first or bleach? Tried bleach on Mrs G and my hands went very red[lol]

paris
23-Nov-06, 20:29
Mr billyboy, you are naughty ( but i like you ) I bet your one who never puts a new loo roll out when youve just used the last sheet ! LOL :lol: jan x

Billy Boy
23-Nov-06, 20:35
do you put her (MrsBB) in soapy liquid first or bleach? Tried bleach on Mrs G and my hands went very red

lol you would think i used her to mop the floor with by the look of her new hair style[lol] i hope she doesn't look on the org when she comes in lol[para]

paris
23-Nov-06, 20:37
Boys, Boys ,come on now behave yourselves. jan x:lol:

footie chick
23-Nov-06, 20:40
I hate it when someone put the loo roll on the wrong way round

unicorn
23-Nov-06, 20:43
ok now I am confused??? whats the right way round???

footie chick
23-Nov-06, 20:45
So that the tail part is at the front not at the back running down the wall

paris
23-Nov-06, 20:46
Sheets coming over the top not from the bottom, or so i was told . LOL jan x

unicorn
23-Nov-06, 20:46
Thanks for clearing that up lol I didn't know that :)

Billy Boy
23-Nov-06, 20:47
I hate it when someone put the loo roll on the wrong way round

lol mrs bb say's the same thing,get a grip it work's the same both ways;)

golach
23-Nov-06, 20:47
So that the tail part is at the front not at the back running down the wall
Who says? it works the same if its running down the wall, thats why its called a toilet roll, sheeesht wimen :lol:

wifie
23-Nov-06, 21:24
Paris how long do you leave this mixture on for or do you rub the material when applied. What is the amount of powder to water. Hope you don't think I am sad - just have children with dirty clothes!

cullbucket
23-Nov-06, 21:35
While reading this thread, it put me in mind of Viz Top Tips that I hadnt seen in years - so I googled for them and heres some that I found......
Minor skin grafts can be performed on pigs by covering any cuts and grazes with thin strips of bacon.
Cheer loudly at 8.00pm each Saturday to fool the neighbours into thinking you have won the Lottery.
Thicken up runny low-fat yoghurt by stirring in a spoonful of lard.
A next door neighbour's car aerial, carefully folded, makes an ideal coat hanger in an emergency.
Sweetcorn fans. Save money on loo paper by simply pouring the stuff straight down the pan.
Vegetarians coming to dinner? Simply serve them a nice bit of steak or veal. Since they`re always going on about how tofu, Quorn, meat substitute etc `tastes exactly like the real thing`, they won`t know any difference.
DRILL a one inch diameter hole in your refrigerator door. This will allow you to check that the light goes off when the door is closed.
BOMB disposal experts' wives. Keep hubby on his toes by packing his lunchbox with plasticine and an old alarm clock.
OLD telephone directories make ideal personal address books. Simply cross out the names and address of people you don't know.
A TEASPOON placed in a glass on the back seat of your car makes a handy audible gauge for road bump severity.
TAKE your dustbin to the supermarket with you so that you can see which items you have recently run out of.
NO TIME for a bath? Wrap yourself in masking tape and remove the dirt by simply peeling it off.

Billy Boy
23-Nov-06, 22:02
i reckon by the remarks on mr billy boy's last post he will be doing all the household chores for the rest of the year, and making up to me big time;) oh and paying for another new hair do.:D

Cedric Farthsbottom III
23-Nov-06, 22:04
i reckon by the remarks on mr billy boy's last post he will be doing all the household chores for the rest of the year, and making up to me big time;) oh and paying for another new hair do.:D

Ha-ha Billy Boy yer busted!!!!!!!

Alice in Blunderland
23-Nov-06, 22:09
Ha-ha Billy Boy yer busted!!!!!!!

Cant wait to see him in his marigolds and apron :lol:

........... he deserves to be on his knees cleaning the oven all night...:eek: what do you think Mrs Billy Boy?

Ricco
23-Nov-06, 22:21
Paris, ma cherie! :D You know the best cleaning tip? Get a hubby like me...;)

Cedric Farthsbottom III
23-Nov-06, 22:26
While reading this thread, it put me in mind of Viz Top Tips that I hadnt seen in years - so I googled for them and heres some that I found......
Minor skin grafts can be performed on pigs by covering any cuts and grazes with thin strips of bacon.
Cheer loudly at 8.00pm each Saturday to fool the neighbours into thinking you have won the Lottery.
Thicken up runny low-fat yoghurt by stirring in a spoonful of lard.
A next door neighbour's car aerial, carefully folded, makes an ideal coat hanger in an emergency.
Sweetcorn fans. Save money on loo paper by simply pouring the stuff straight down the pan.
Vegetarians coming to dinner? Simply serve them a nice bit of steak or veal. Since they`re always going on about how tofu, Quorn, meat substitute etc `tastes exactly like the real thing`, they won`t know any difference.
DRILL a one inch diameter hole in your refrigerator door. This will allow you to check that the light goes off when the door is closed.
BOMB disposal experts' wives. Keep hubby on his toes by packing his lunchbox with plasticine and an old alarm clock.
OLD telephone directories make ideal personal address books. Simply cross out the names and address of people you don't know.
A TEASPOON placed in a glass on the back seat of your car makes a handy audible gauge for road bump severity.
TAKE your dustbin to the supermarket with you so that you can see which items you have recently run out of.
NO TIME for a bath? Wrap yourself in masking tape and remove the dirt by simply peeling it off.

The Sweetcorn one is so true.How can the body no digest it.A piece of nonsense trivia.Ye eat a lovely quiche wi carrots and sweetcorn.Ye have a right good fill o drams.The sweetcorn comes oot one end and the carrots oot another.Life is full of so many mysteries?:lol:

Alice in Blunderland
23-Nov-06, 23:02
The Sweetcorn one is so true.How can the body no digest it.A piece of nonsense trivia.Ye eat a lovely quiche wi carrots and sweetcorn.Ye have a right good fill o drams.The sweetcorn comes oot one end and the carrots oot another.Life is full of so many mysteries?:lol:

And the mystery of the lost sock .How many of us have odd socks lying around and the partner missing in the great unknown depths of the washing machine drum...:eek:

paris
23-Nov-06, 23:13
Paris how long do you leave this mixture on for or do you rub the material when applied. What is the amount of powder to water. Hope you don't think I am sad - just have children with dirty clothes!
Hi wifie Its something like the consistency of shampoo and i just spray it on and put it in the washer, no rubbing involved. jan x

paris
23-Nov-06, 23:16
Paris, ma cherie! :D You know the best cleaning tip? Get a hubby like me...;)
I want one a bit like mine for the diy and one a bit like you to do the housework ! surely thats not asking to much is it ??? LOL jan x

paris
23-Nov-06, 23:21
Whos in the dog house now mr billyboy ? jan x
I would add a meal out aswell mrs billyboy.!

bobsgirl
23-Nov-06, 23:26
Thanks for this Paris, our daughter is really bad for the stains on her clothes, I am at the point of putting full boiler suits on her to stop her day to day clothes getting ruined! Does this also work for kiddy paints as she got paint on her jacket at school the other day, (they were painting outside for some reason), washed it twice but paint still there!

grumpyhippo
23-Nov-06, 23:28
The best way to keep things clean and tidy is not to allow thing to get out of hand.
I follow Ms grumpy the regulation 3 paces behind and pick up, replace ,or fold what ever is disturbed, ................saves all the grief in the long run. Am I hen pecked...........no just practical!!!!!!!!!!!

paris
23-Nov-06, 23:33
Thanks for this Paris, our daughter is really bad for the stains on her clothes, I am at the point of putting full boiler suits on her to stop her day to day clothes getting ruined! Does this also work for kiddy paints as she got paint on her jacket at school the other day, (they were painting outside for some reason), washed it twice but paint still there!
Hi bobsgirl, not sure really ive just used it on grass stains on knees and gereral grubbyness on hubbys clothes. it gets old motorbike oil out from jeans which ive tried and tested many times ! jan x

bobsgirl
23-Nov-06, 23:34
Oh well a wee bit of paint will be an easy job then. Thanks again!

Ricco
25-Nov-06, 17:52
I want one a bit like mine for the diy and one a bit like you to do the housework ! surely thats not asking to much is it ??? LOL jan x

Ahh! Now you haven't seen my DIY - I take great pride in an excellent finish. ;)

paris
25-Nov-06, 18:20
I call mine Mr bodge it ! :lol:

wifie
27-Nov-06, 15:43
Paris, you are a genius. Had a bit of a prob with my squeezy bottle but found a suitable receptacle eventually and it made a good job of a really grubby sports kit - best result I've had yet. Ta much!