PDA

View Full Version : Sky Tv

linzy222
18-Jan-05, 13:26
:mad: Do you have sky tv?

Is yours down?

I haven't had it for 2 days, all i have is a blue screen!! :mad:

I bet some little toe-rag through a snowball at my dish or something like that or is it the weather? God i hope so!!

I missed corrie,emerdale and eastenders last night coz of it :mad:

Cheers

Linzy

apollo69
18-Jan-05, 14:41
Working this part of Castletown!!

linzy222
18-Jan-05, 14:45
OH NO :~(

must be fault with my dish or cables then!!

Thanx apollo

apollo69
18-Jan-05, 15:27
Phone Sky, if there's something not working after they do their checks, tell them you can't afford to buy a new dish/decoder or whatever so soon after Xmas. Lay it on thick and you will get it for free. They don't want you to cancel the subscription.

;)

grmacken
18-Jan-05, 15:51
going in the set up menu there is a signal strength indicator if it very low or empty then your dish may have been knocked out of allignment or a loose cable, something they will ask you to do is turn it off at the wall for 30 seconds and give the smart card a wipe with a dry cloth.

Brizer2k2
18-Jan-05, 16:27
I would remove the power cable from the back of the digibox, leave it out for 2 minutes then put it back in again. Then it will take a couple of minutes to load the operating system again.

If not then contact who ever fitted it e.g. Graham Beggs or Colin Chessor

linzy222
18-Jan-05, 17:33
going in the set up menu there is a signal strength indicator if it very low or empty then your dish may have been knocked out of allignment or a loose cable, something they will ask you to do is turn it off at the wall for 30 seconds and give the smart card a wipe with a dry cloth.

Hi thanx for that

I did the signal strength and that was perfect so i switched the plugs off and waited a min, it is now back on!!

Cheers

grmacken

I bought the dish 2nd hand so i don't think sky would sort it anyway, but not to worry its sorted!!

Thanx all, i can watch emmerdale and eastenders 2night now then....... :D

~~Tides~~
18-Jan-05, 18:27
How much is Sky costing these days?

apollo69
18-Jan-05, 18:29
Too much! I think the full package is around £42 now?

Rheghead
18-Jan-05, 18:42
Phone Sky, if there's something not working after they do their checks, tell them you can't afford to buy a new dish/decoder or whatever so soon after Xmas. Lay it on thick and you will get it for free. They don't want you to cancel the subscription.

;)

Thanks apollo69, that is one for the old memory bank. :evil should the need arise...

linzy222
18-Jan-05, 20:55
How much is Sky costing these days?

We just get the package thats £19.99 a month, thats everything apart from sports and movies

I was sick of paying all that money for repeats all the time so i cancelled and just buy or rent the film i want to watch, as its cheaper in the long run!!

The Angel Of Death
19-Jan-05, 11:05
I went to upgrade to sky plus and was shocked at the prices £100 for the box plus £50 install fee or if you take out the multi room package at a cost of £10 a month (12 month contract again) the nice people wont charge you for instalation but the total cost will be £220

Seems there more interested in getting the new punters in rather than looking after the old ones i would have been happy to pay the £100 for the box and the install as the new customers are getting but they wouldnt have any of it there loss i say

linzy222
19-Jan-05, 13:48
I know it is a rip off

I bought the kids a set top box each for xmas for their bedrooms and it is great, might get 1 of them myself instead of paying sky all that money, u still get alot of channels and its most of the 1's i watch anyway, and they r a 1 off payment of about £50

I heard that the top up tv wasn't that good either, as anyone got it???

Viva Diva
19-Jan-05, 22:54
Thanx all, i can watch emmerdale and eastenders 2night now then.......

Glad to hear it's all working again. If anything goes wrong with mine I always switch it off and back on again.

Take it your normal tv channels were down as well? Bummer! :(

linzy222
19-Jan-05, 23:30
Yeah i use't to do that aswell like when its really windy and the picture keeps freezing, like what it is doing 2night, but i forgot LOL