PDA

View Full Version : Beware of the co-ops "see saw" prices!!!

Crackeday
04-Jun-12, 18:30
My son bought a bag a frozen chips from the co-op and was charged £3.20!!! Checked at Tesco and found there only £2.60 there!!. I know some are cheaper than others but 60p a difference is a bit steep. The other week i bought a pack of Rizla and was charged 40p, they were only 30p in the local corner shop!!!! The next week they were back down again, pretty sad when ALL the local corner shops are cheaper than a supermarket :( The co-op seem to be putting their prices right up at the moment, more than the rest of them. I used to like the co-op but if they keep doing this i'll vote with my feet and wont be back!!!! Has anyone else noticed stranger fluctuating prices at the co-op???

Alrock
04-Jun-12, 18:35
....The other week i bought a pack of Rizla and was charged 40p, they were only 30p in the local corner shop!!!!....

Try ebay, box of 100 for about £10, that's only 10p per pack.

Rheghead
04-Jun-12, 19:20
Peel and slice your own chips and stop smoking, you'll save a fortune and be much fitter. [lol]

MrChow
04-Jun-12, 20:12
All supermarkets put prices of hundreds of products up and down on a daily basis.

balto
04-Jun-12, 21:29
i sent my daughter to the small coop yesterday to buy 2 birthday cards, she came back with 2 that cost £6.49 , i promply went back and demanded my money back, then went to tesco and got 2 for £3, shocking the prices in the coop and the service aint much better, well mayby not the small one, but the big one.

Big Gaz
05-Jun-12, 11:33
I just stopped using the CO-OP completely as i often found the local shop was cheaper and i was sick and tired of being overcharged at the till. Was unemployed and on a budget so counting the cost as i shopped and i was frequently embarrassed at being asked for more than what i thought the total should be and my math isn't bad either!. Shelf price says one thing, till price another. As for "offers", when you get to the till and don't get the deal applied, i often got the excuse that it wasn't the item i picked that was on offer despite the item being behind the offer ticket and clearly named on the ticket (had to check barcodes at times and still been refused) or the offer finished the day before and they wouldn't honour it. Also the usual phantom offers of buy one get one free and frequently found just a single item on the shelf and "none" in the stockroom. I've had a moan to their head office and just get fobbed off with stock response letter so i just gave up totally. Tesco isn't much better imo but its the lesser of the two evils in Wick

Koi
05-Jun-12, 20:20
i sent my daughter to the small coop yesterday to buy 2 birthday cards, she came back with 2 that cost £6.49 , i promply went back and demanded my money back, then went to tesco and got 2 for £3, shocking the prices in the coop and the service aint much better, well mayby not the small one, but the big one.

Aye I can't fault the staff in the small co-op enough. I go in ever monday to pay rent, council tax etc and its a lifesaver when we've run out of milk and its late on and the bairn is needing bed etc. I don't mind buying things like that a bit more when its a case of oh no no milk for breakfast and the bairn is needing his bed. The staff are all really friendly and chat quite the thing with me. Never had bad customer service in the wee co-op and lived in springpark for over a year now. However in the bigger co-op the service is awful. A friend works there and when she's on i always go to her because at least i'll get good service lol. I've put many a complaint in about the customer service but nothing ever gets done about it from a customer point of view. I've worked in retail before and do find it very surprising that this level of shoddy customer service is allowed.

I do most of our weekly shop in lidls and the customer service is good there. My son always waves to the staff there as they've seen us many a time. There's a woman that when she's working i go to her till as my son likes to chat with her and she tells me about the upcoming specials and some gossip at the same time lol. I used to work in tescos a couple of years ago so know alot of the staff there.

balto
06-Jun-12, 23:19
yeah it is handy for some stuff, i was just shocked at the prices, the big coop is shocking i like you know who i like to serve me. mayby our paths have crossed as i currently work for tesco.
Aye I can't fault the staff in the small co-op enough. I go in ever monday to pay rent, council tax etc and its a lifesaver when we've run out of milk and its late on and the bairn is needing bed etc. I don't mind buying things like that a bit more when its a case of oh no no milk for breakfast and the bairn is needing his bed. The staff are all really friendly and chat quite the thing with me. Never had bad customer service in the wee co-op and lived in springpark for over a year now. However in the bigger co-op the service is awful. A friend works there and when she's on i always go to her because at least i'll get good service lol. I've put many a complaint in about the customer service but nothing ever gets done about it from a customer point of view. I've worked in retail before and do find it very surprising that this level of shoddy customer service is allowed.

I do most of our weekly shop in lidls and the customer service is good there. My son always waves to the staff there as they've seen us many a time. There's a woman that when she's working i go to her till as my son likes to chat with her and she tells me about the upcoming specials and some gossip at the same time lol. I used to work in tescos a couple of years ago so know alot of the staff there.

sweetpea
07-Jun-12, 00:07
I shop in Wick co-op quite a lot as it's handy but I always check my receipt and watch the till clocking up if I can. Loads of times I've been overcharged, one example was £3.66 for a single leek, the guy said his scales weren't working properley, and I did say to him this was illegal. Another day they tried to charge me over 8 quid for about 3 quid's worth of shopping. I know that in general food has gone up massively this last year or so but it's worth checking receipts before you leave.

MrChow
07-Jun-12, 09:48
I personally think anyone who works in customer services deserves a medal. Most of whom are on not much more than minimum wage and have to put up with the most ignorant of customers.