PDA

View Full Version : Proud to be British

secrets in symmetry
02-Jun-12, 23:11
Another couple of events that made me proud to be British today:

England 1-0 Belgium (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18294160)

Farah wins 5,000m in Oregon (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/athletics/18311833)

Andy Murray won too:

Murray negotiates Giraldo threat (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/18298156)

Bruce
03-Jun-12, 00:13
proud to be scottish not brittish!!!

Alrock
03-Jun-12, 00:21
Proud to be a member of the human race... Nationality unimportant

squidge
03-Jun-12, 01:09
Im proud to be British too. Im proud that England won at football. I proud to be a woman with opinions and passions that Im not afraid to speak. Im proud that my wee ones were sooooo good at tonights party. And im going to bed smiling... A great day :)

Corrie 3
03-Jun-12, 05:40
I watched that England/Belgium game and England were very lucky to win it. Belgium played the better football and deserved to win, having said that the goal was a good one. On paper the great English team should have beaten the minnows of Belgium by at least 8 goals like they used to years ago.
I certainly don't think it was something to be "proud" about. Very boring actually.

C3.............:roll::roll:

equusdriving
03-Jun-12, 10:50
I watched that England/Belgium game and England were very lucky to win it. Belgium played the better football and deserved to win, having said that the goal was a good one. On paper the great English team should have beaten the minnows of Belgium by at least 8 goals like they used to years ago.
I certainly don't think it was something to be "proud" about. Very boring actually.

C3.............:roll::roll:

Wow News Flash

Corrie3 belittles England team win, that was so unpredictable :lol:

sids
03-Jun-12, 10:58
I'm proud of Brave Little Belgium.

Corrie 3
03-Jun-12, 11:11
Wow News Flash

Internet Stalker on the loose in the Ackergill area!!

equusdriving
03-Jun-12, 11:21
Internet Stalker on the loose in the Ackergill area!!

Ackergill? Should have gone to spec savers Corrie, now go re-check my threads properly and try again! I will give you a clue your first letter is right as are your last 3 but you have missed out a U and put a R instead of an N. Come on Corrie you can do it, there's some special jubilee bunting in it for you if you work it out

equusdriving
03-Jun-12, 11:28
Ackergill? Should have gone to spec savers Corrie, now go re-check my threads properly and try again! I will give you a clue your first letter is right as are your last 3 but you have missed out a U and put a R instead of an N. Come on Corrie you can do it, there's some special jubilee bunting in it for you if you work it out

still struggling OK I will throw in a coronation mug as well.... but only if you are quick and you don't get no one to help you

Corrie 3
03-Jun-12, 13:01
That sounds like an admission of guilt to me, still, if the cap fits!!

RecQuery
03-Jun-12, 13:02
Personally I think pride should be reserved for something one achieves instead of an accident of birth.

Corrie 3
03-Jun-12, 13:06
Personally I think pride should be reserved for something one achieves instead of an accident of birth.
It's totally wrong that the taxpayer has to keep the richest woman and her extended family in a manner to which they have been born into. If she wants to be Queenie let her pay for it, God knows she can afford it without taxpayers help!!

C3..........[disgust]

equusdriving
03-Jun-12, 15:07
That sounds like an admission of guilt to me, still, if the cap fits!!

Says the man who wants to go and see my Mum mmm

ducati
03-Jun-12, 20:04
It's totally wrong that the taxpayer has to keep the richest woman and her extended family in a manner to which they have been born into. If she wants to be Queenie let her pay for it, God knows she can afford it without taxpayers help!!

C3..........[disgust]

Ooh a republican too? You will find yourself at odds with your hero A.S.

Corrie 3
03-Jun-12, 20:22
Ooh a republican too? You will find yourself at odds with your hero A.S.
I am already at odds with him over windfarms so another one won't matter!!

C3.................:roll::roll:;)

ducati
03-Jun-12, 20:26

Thats true. No help from the UK Gov. on that either I'm afraid, they're all as bad as each other over trying to look like they are doing something about climate change.

Oddquine
04-Jun-12, 01:27

Lol!, ditto re that and the monarchy. But neither are important enough to make me vote against independence.......though I may do a lot of whining if there isn't any party in an Independent Scotland who will stop erecting pointless windmills and give us a referendum to decide if we want a monarchy or a republic.

Mind you, I'd rather have a republic with a figurehead president on the lines of the monarchy (kinda like Priness Anne myself)....or the one the Republic of Ireland has than yet another politician dictating to us from the depths of their ignorance

secrets in symmetry
04-Jun-12, 23:54
Lol!, ditto re that and the monarchy. But neither are important enough to make me vote against independence.......though I may do a lot of whining if there isn't any party in an Independent Scotland who will stop erecting pointless windmills and give us a referendum to decide if we want a monarchy or a republic. Just how would this would-be vainglorious republic generate its electricity without "pointless windmills"?

Alrock
04-Jun-12, 23:59
Just how would this would-be vainglorious republic generate its electricity without "pointless windmills"?

We could always cease control of the nuclear submarines in the Clyde & turn their energy production to civilian use.

secrets in symmetry
05-Jun-12, 00:26
We could always cease control of the nuclear submarines in the Clyde & turn their energy production to civilian use.Lol! That would make wind-generated electricity comparatively too cheap to meter!

To be clear, I'm thinking of low carbon generation.