PDA

View Full Version : Free Champagne

bigjjuk
23-Nov-06, 12:50
So lets go for a vote and see how many people will get injured bursting through the Tesco's doors on Monday morning to try and get their free champagne:)

footie chick
23-Nov-06, 12:54
Or how many people will get injured in the mad dash to be first at the till. {Warning take special care especially around old granny's} :lol:

Hope they have the overstreched ambulances on standby. Will go for 8

The Soft Parade
23-Nov-06, 13:02
Guarantee the 'Dundee Streetfighter' will be the first there!

:lol:

Cattach
23-Nov-06, 14:23
Or how many people will get injured in the mad dash to be first at the till. {Warning take special care especially around old granny's} :lol:

Hope they have the overstreched ambulances on standby. Will go for 8

take special care especially around old granny's ....... Granny's what? or have you put in an apostrophe by mistake and got the plural wrong!

Billy Boy
23-Nov-06, 15:17
maybe the hole place will be empty come opening time, because everybody may have the same idea as me and don't go near the place for the first 2 week's,wouldn't that go down well[lol]

footie chick
23-Nov-06, 15:25
take special care especially around old granny's ....... Granny's what? or have you put in an apostrophe by mistake and got the plural wrong!

Sorry didn't realise that the grammar police were on duty

Cattach
23-Nov-06, 16:10
Sorry didn't realise that the grammar police were on duty

It makes me mad when I see people putting the apostrophe all over the place. Next time it is a punishment exercise for you - write out the word properly 1000 times!
There is a famous instance in Germany when the footballer Paul Lambert put a message on the big screen for the fans and inappropriately used the punctuation - the German crowd knew their English and they laughed and cheered.
Typos on messages and in e-mails everyone accepts but totally wrong use of the apostrophe is hard to take.

A butcher shop in Thurso advertises Curry's in the window - wonder if means curries or a product from the famous electrical shop.

Niall Fernie
23-Nov-06, 16:15
"Mkaes me mad"

Cattach, is this what you will be writing out 1000 times? :roll:

Cattach
23-Nov-06, 16:29
"Mkaes me mad"

Cattach, is this what you will be writing out 1000 times? :roll:

Note I said typos were generally acceptable (unless, of course, you are a trained typist). Actually I note very frequent typos on caithness.org but do not complain.

bobsgirl
23-Nov-06, 18:39
I won't be visiting the new Tesco for a little while after it opens as it will be a nightmare!
Good job I don't like Champagne!! Wont miss out!

paris
23-Nov-06, 19:41
Note I said typos were generally acceptable (unless, of course, you are a trained typist). Actually I note very frequent typos on caithness.org but do not complain.
Not everyone is a trained typist or that good at spelling, me being one of them........stop picking holes ! Jan x

Alice in Blunderland
23-Nov-06, 19:49
Okay but what if the first person through the checkout isnt over 18 mmmmm will they or wont they get the bottle? :confused

aileenmac
23-Nov-06, 19:51
They could give it to the granny they just trampled over![lol]