PDA

View Full Version : Driving Test.

cuddlepop
23-Nov-06, 10:39
Oh I'm so nervous you'd think it was me sitting my driving test this morning but its my eldest daughters at 10 30 She's booked a lesson beforehand just to put her in the right frame of mind.Driving in Glasgow is so very different to Skye so its taken her since August to get ready.Roundabouts are her greatest challenge and inconciderate drivers[evil]
Anyone got any stories to share what it was like the first time they sat there test and how many times it took to pass.If she doesn't pass this time she'l have tp put it on the back burner as £23 per lesson its expensive:eek:

henry20
23-Nov-06, 10:44
I passed my test 1st time. I was convinced I'd failed because I drove over a pavement! I did get a minor mark for it, but because I acknowledged my error and had done the correct procedure (it was a dodgy corner where you had to steer to the right before turning left :roll:) it didn't go against me! I also relaxed after that and was less nervous because I thought I'd failed. :D

newpark
23-Nov-06, 10:55
I'm afraid it took me 4 times to pass mine. 1st time was a weeks intensive course in Inverness and failed coming up to the traffic lights outside MacDonald’s as I was going to fast and instructor had to put the brakes on Oops. 2nd time I did it in Wick and went up on the kerb reversing round a corner, 3rd time I did it in Thurso and went to fast down a small street and instructor said it was dangerous. 4th time again in Thurso I passed whoopi. The key is don't get disheartened and never give up.
Good luck to your daughter.

unicorn
23-Nov-06, 11:02
I am not a driver but good luck to your daughter :)

Wish
23-Nov-06, 11:17
Hi Jackie

Wishing your daughter lots of luck on her driving test, i'm sure she will do well:cool: Let us know as soon as you hear!

It took me three times to pass mine, first time I failed on parallel parking, second time I failed on parallel parking (bit of a pattern here lol) third time I I didn't hit the kerb and passed! I am not a very confident driver and I find it difficult to drive here on the roads in Skye, I don't drive on motorways either, or turn right at traffic lights, so thank goodness there are no traffic lights here:lol:

krazy kool karen
23-Nov-06, 11:28
hi good luck to your daughter. My son is having lessons which he is finding very hard on his pocket - so aM I lol i think hes going to stick to his scooter for a bit!! I passed first time and was gobsmacked as every time the instructor asked me to turn left i turned right and vice versa:lol:

cuddlepop
23-Nov-06, 13:21
Unfortunatly she faied on her spiral roundabout exist,she ended up in a bus lane.:~( She's never done this before so is pretty upset at her stupidity.
Instuctor told her to resit as soon as possible otherwise she'll be too rusty.Dont Know if my bank balance can take it.:lol:
Nerves got the better of her on the day.

Wish
23-Nov-06, 13:31
Aww what a shame Jackie, I really feel for her, probably just nerves, tell her to put in for it again as soon as possible and also tell her from me that the "best drivers" never pass first time:cool:

See you soon xxxxx

footie chick
23-Nov-06, 13:33
I'm with you on that on Wish the best drivers always pass second time ;) . I would apply asap. Dont envy her would hate to sit test again let alone in a busy city.:eek: Good luck next time

cuddlepop
23-Nov-06, 13:45
Thanks folks,better luck next time:D

bobsgirl
23-Nov-06, 14:10
I too passed 2nd time. For the nerves they do say eat a banana before hand, unsure why but it did work for me. Get her for her test asap and she will pass with flying colours! Good Luck next time, cuddlepop jnr.

Alice in Blunderland
23-Nov-06, 21:50
Just noticed this post Jackie so sorry your daughter didnt pass.I would also say resit as soon as possible for if she leaves it it may be a long time and even more expensive by the time she tries again :D .Noticed your selling your landrover its a lovely car wont you miss it I would have it in a shot but hubby just got a new beamer so will have to have the galaxy a little longer :(

cuddlepop
23-Nov-06, 21:58
Thanks Alice,Evelyn really disappointed she didn't pass today so we've told her to book a resit it wont be for another six weeks so fingers crossed,a banana for mental stability and no sleat,snow or frost please:lol:
Landrover's a brilliant car but it just not suitable for our needs now,doggy finding it too high to jump and hates being lifted in.:eek:

Alice in Blunderland
23-Nov-06, 22:05
Hope you get a new owner soon for it, it would be fine for someone up here in the country.Good luck for her next driving test. I had to sit mine three times ,after the second attempt I gave up for five years hesitation was my problem.I eventually passed when I was eight months pregnant and could barely fit behind the wheel I dont think Mr Bremner fancied seeing me back so passed me. :lol:

paris
23-Nov-06, 23:28
Sorry your daughter didnt make it first time but just stick at it and she will pass next time im sure. jan x
Im really wanting to take my motorbike test but the thought of it makes me feel sick. silly i know as i passed my car driving test 24yrs ago and thought it was easy.