PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Day Dinner

Fran
23-Nov-06, 02:18
With so many hetels to choose from, where in Caithness would you recommend for Christmas lunch?

changilass
23-Nov-06, 02:21
Home sweet home:D

pedromcgrory
23-Nov-06, 02:57
With so many hetels to choose from, where in Caithness would you recommend for Christmas lunch?

well this year im actually letting my 2 kids choose havent had christmas we them in 3 years so anything can go lol i mean anything ,from beach dinner to sweets up to them im just happy im going to spend the day with them :)

henry20
23-Nov-06, 10:17
I think its more a case of 'where is open' and who would be able to fit you in. I once worked Xmas day in a restaurant. While it was an enjoyable days work, I didn't get to spend long with my family :( My boss & his family invited me to have Xmas dinner with them when we'd finished serving, but as Xmas was a 'family' day, I didn't want to intrude on them, so went home and had a chicken sandwich :(

golach
23-Nov-06, 10:41
Yeah lets all go to Changis hoose [lol]

girnigoe
23-Nov-06, 11:43
MY MUMS ;)

Although I dont think she would be too pleased if half of the county turned up on her doorstep [lol]

She does the BEST christmas dinnner EVER!!!!

Oh be quiet my rumbling tummy...... How many days left now????

canuck
23-Nov-06, 16:15
I thought I might knock on Moira's door, say about 12:30.

bobsgirl
23-Nov-06, 18:36
MY MUMS ;)

Although I dont think she would be too pleased if half of the county turned up on her doorstep [lol]

She does the BEST christmas dinnner EVER!!!!

Oh be quiet my rumbling tummy...... How many days left now????

31 Full days left girnigoe!! Lol!

My mother-in-law did the BEST Christmas dinner for us, but sadly passed away. I am sure she looks upon me now when I am cooking mine as everything taste very near to the way she cooked it. Mmmmm.
Prob never be the same as her's so have to have loads of practise runs on the run-up to Christmas. (Any Excuse!!!).

paris
23-Nov-06, 19:49
I feel sorry for Porshie poo if her hubby insists on cooking( which he quite often does ) I remember a very big pot of very burnt tasting custard............YUCK ! lol :lol: That's why we will be staying here for Xmas and wont be in caithness! Only joking Poo .

JimH
24-Nov-06, 01:07

Hear Hear!!

Cedric Farthsbottom III
24-Nov-06, 01:29
Home for me too Fran.But a do hear the Francis Street puts on a fair spread.Although don't know if their doing it this year.But heard their Christmas dinners even make yer saliva slever!

Moira
24-Nov-06, 01:38
I thought I might knock on Moira's door, say about 12:30.

You'll be very welcome. If I attend all the Org nights out we'll probably be having pickled liver :lol:

Fran
24-Nov-06, 01:40
Yes, Francis Street Christmas dinner is great but they are full up, I was too late, so wondering where I could go now as a lot of the hotels are closed on christmas day.

The_man_from_del_monte
24-Nov-06, 01:47

Ditto. Up at 3am and ready to rock and roll in the kitchen, eating in a restaurant on Christmas day would be like stuffing a chicken with araldite.... totally alien and wrong. Best joint in town is my own house on Christmas day, without doubt. And, before you ask, NO! I don't provide a carry out service ;)