PDA

View Full Version : Gobsmacked !!

Corrie 3
30-May-12, 21:47
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-18261680

Anybody got any thoughts on this? I am absolutely gobsmacked by it!!

If the police are right how could anyone kill their children and in such a horrific manner?

And if the couple didn't do it how could the police have got it so horribly wrong?

C3.....................:(:(

changilass
30-May-12, 21:50
If there wern't such nasty folks about then foster carers wouldn't be so desperately needed.

linnie612
30-May-12, 21:56
It would be hard not to comment on this indepth news report.

P.s. Is there a correct way to kill your children?[disgust]

equusdriving
30-May-12, 23:15
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-18261680

Anybody got any thoughts on this? I am absolutely gobsmacked by it!!

If the police are right how could anyone kill their children in such a horrific manner?

And if the couple didn't do it how could the police have got it so horribly wrong?

C3.....................:(:(

but at least when we get independence it will stop this happening here eh corrie3

changilass
30-May-12, 23:44
Cheap digs at independence at the cost of kids lives aint called for, keep it for another thread. Go back under your bridge.[disgust]

golach
30-May-12, 23:48
Cheap digs at independence at the cost of kids lives aint called for, keep it for another thread. Go back under your bridge.[disgust]
In my opinion Changi the Troll was the OP, tell him to get back under his bridge.

changilass
30-May-12, 23:49
How is asking for thoughts on a news item trolling?

golach
30-May-12, 23:52

the OP cherry picks all extreme happenings south of the border, on a regular basis!!

equusdriving
30-May-12, 23:59

That wasn't a dig at independence it was a dig at corrie 3:D and how has my post cost kids lives?:( so catch yourself on

equusdriving
31-May-12, 00:03

obviously everybody is completely disgusted and shocked by this news item, so what was the relevance of the thread ?...... apart from to point out where it occurred, as most of Corrie3 news threads seem to be used for!

changilass
31-May-12, 00:08
So asking for thought on any incident anywhere but in Scotland is trolling? Think its you need to 'catch yourself on'.

equusdriving
31-May-12, 00:22
So asking for thought on any incident anywhere but in Scotland is trolling? Think its you need to 'catch yourself on'.

cant seem to find any C3 Threads that refer to incidents IN Scotland only in England strangely enough and on a recent Thread like this he stated "that Independence would stop this kind of thing happening in Scotland" which is why I made my original comment,

Mystical Potato Head
31-May-12, 00:56
the OP cherry picks all extreme happenings south of the border, on a regular basis!!
Thought you would be happy with that.You can keep your never ending argument with Corrie going.You would do that regardless of the content anyway.Funny how you call Corrie a troll
yet you've been keeping the argument going for weeks,sorry months.You've been slagging of Eck,the SNP and belittling anyone who supports their policies.Oops,forgot to mention
the cronies.Eck and his cronies,how often has that appeared of late?
If thats not trolling for an argument then what is it?

In another recent thread you actively encouraged equus to keep stirring up Corrie,remember you said 'keep up the good work' for touching Corries raw nerve.
Isnt that cyber bulling? getting someone else to help you in your little anti Corrie stance?
You called me a troll and a cyber bully before and will no doubt do so again,probably in your reply, but its comforting to know i'm in the elevated company
of the self confessed decent orger and i will try to argue the toss as often as you do to elavate my troll status to your level.

Corrie 3
31-May-12, 02:09
When I read that the Parents had been charged, two things struck me. Firstly, how could anyone kill their kids, not only kill them but in such a horrible way?
If they are guilty then they deserve to burn in hell.
But what if they are not guilty? How could the police have got it so wrong? Such a sensitive case needs very careful handling. On one hand I want the police to be right because if they haven't there is going to be hell to pay. No one will have any faith left in the police any longer. And also, because of Mr. Philpotts "status" there will inevitably be a very big compensation payout! Which will have Mr.Philpott rubbing his grimy hands even further.
I also note that Mr.Philpott was sentenced to 7 years in prison in the late 80's for stabbing his then Girlfriend four times and her Mother, who came to help her, ten times. He was charged with attempted murder as they both survived. So I would say he does have a killer instinct in him.... but his own children?
My own theory is that Mr.Philpott, who has made money from the Jeremy Kyle show and a show about state spongers with Ann Widdecombe, was trying to arrange an "incident" whereby he saved his kids from the burning house to make himself look a hero (and probably make some more money) and also it would strengthen his case for a larger house..(something he had been demanding from the council). But I don't think he realised how quickly a fire started by petrol can spread and his children payed the ultimate price for his stupidity. I also believe that the police put them in front of the camera's for a purpose, they have people trained to analyse people actions when in front of the camera's, looking at body language and crocodile tears etc, etc. Even I was uncomfortable watching the pair of them pretending to cry.
It will be very interesting watching the outcome of this case, if he is guilty I would think he will become the most hated man in the UK.
The sad thing is that 6 children were murdered and I hope they rest in peace, if they were murdered by their own parents then it is the saddest case I have known for a long time.
As I said at the start, I am gobsmacked!!!

C3...................:~(:~(

Aaldtimer
31-May-12, 03:24
When I read that the Parents had been charged, two things struck me. Firstly, how could anyone kill their kids, not only kill them but in such a horrible way?
If they are guilty then they deserve to burn in hell.
But what if they are not guilty? How could the police have got it so wrong? Such a sensitive case needs very careful handling. On one hand I want the police to be right because if they haven't there is going to be hell to pay. No one will have any faith left in the police any longer. And also, because of Mr. Philpotts "status" there will inevitably be a very big compensation payout! Which will have Mr.Philpott rubbing his grimy hands even further.
I also note that Mr.Philpott was sentenced to 7 years in prison in the late 80's for stabbing his then Girlfriend four times and her Mother, who came to help her, ten times. He was charged with attempted murder as they both survived. So I would say he does have a killer instinct in him.... but his own children?
My own theory is that Mr.Philpott, who has made money from the Jeremy Kyle show and a show about state spongers with Ann Widdecombe, was trying to arrange and "incident" whereby he saved his kids from the burning house to make himself look a hero (and probably make some more money) and also it would strengthen his case for a larger house..(something he had been demanding from the council). But I don't think he realised how quickly a fire started by petrol can spread and his children payed the ultimate price for his stupidity. I also believe that the police put them in front of the camera's for a purpose, they have people trained to analyse people actions when in front of the camera's, looking at body language and crocodile tears etc, etc. Even I was uncomfortable watching the pair of them pretending to cry.
It will be very interesting watching the outcome of this case, if he is guilty I would think he will become the most hated man in the UK.
The sad thing is that 6 children were murdered and I hope they rest in peace, if they were murdered by their own parents then it is the saddest case I have known for a long time.
As I said at the start, I am gobsmacked!!!

C3...................:~(:~(

In this case C3, I'm informed with your knowledge of the case. I can see the scenario you illustrate.
A misbegotten attempt at sympathy/better housing/compensation...what a nightmare!

My immediate thought was why would they want to lose the benefits for the bairns.

I did notice in the TV appeal, much evidence of tissue, but no much evidence of tears.

I think you have the right of it.

So bloody sad for the bairns though.:~(

sids
31-May-12, 06:41
I reckon the first person to start a thread on this looks a bit guilty.

I mean why take the time to tell us he doesn't like murder of children? I always assume people are against that sort of thing, without them earnestly protesting it.

cazmanian_minx
31-May-12, 07:38
I initially thought it was a case of polyamory gone bad - Mr Philpott had recently separated from his girlfriend and she and her cousin were the first two people arrested on suspicion of murder, though they were both released without charge. Now it looks like a stunt to get the bigger council house he's been asking for for the last five years has gone tragically wrong.

teddybear1873
31-May-12, 14:40
Read articles here and there about this case. This is sickening and beyond anything imaginable.

Mr. Philpott was expected to gain custody of his 4 children from Lisa Willis (the girlfriend that left him and took their children) that very day at 10am.

One has to conclude that it was a personal grudge since none of the other houses were damaged. Mr. Philpott was despised by some for being a lay-about.

It's unimaginable that someone hated him so much as to not consider that a fire would most probably kill some members of the family, if not all. I guess there are no CCTV captures of someone roaming about the town that should have been home in bed.

Apparently, Mick Philpott appeared on Jeremy Kyle show with a mistress. I wonder if the mistress or someone connected to her had anything to do with the fire.

The arsonist(s) deserves to be exposed to nuclear radiation. Losing one child is bad enough, but six is beyond comprehension.

Iffy
31-May-12, 18:59
May their wee souls rest in peace......
:~(

Who/Why/How/When.......regardless....6 wee kiddies have lost their lives, I, personally think it would be good to remember this... Sleep Tight Darlings....XX

billmoseley
31-May-12, 19:10
May their wee souls rest in peace......
:~(

Who/Why/How/When.......regardless....6 wee kiddies have lost their lives, I, personally think it would be good to remember this... Sleep Tight Darlings....XX well said let the courts take care of the killers and just remember the poor little victims. but i hope the visions of that one poor child dying in hospital in agony will haunt them for ever

cazmanian_minx
01-Jun-12, 11:17
Mr. Philpott was expected to gain custody of his 4 children from Lisa Willis (the girlfriend that left him and took their children) that very day at 10am.
Apparently, Mick Philpott appeared on Jeremy Kyle show with a mistress. I wonder if the mistress or someone connected to her had anything to do with the fire.

Lisa Willis was the mistress, it was a pretty long term relationship and she lived with the Philpotts in the caravan next to the house - hence the Jeremy Kyle appearance. She and her cousin were the first people the police arrested, but were released without charge.

RecQuery
01-Jun-12, 11:53
Can I just point out that there's been no trial or conviction yet and that we can't base our justice system on media speculation.

teddybear1873
01-Jun-12, 13:02
Can I just point out that there's been no trial or conviction yet and that we can't base our justice system on media speculation.

Don't you mean 'Awwder Awwder'

Corrie 3
01-Jun-12, 14:15
Hence my first question, what if the police have got it all horribly wrong? Can you imagine? Being accused of murdering your own children? If that is the outcome then I will feel very sorry for them and wish them well in gaining lots of compensation and I for one will have very little faith in the police in the future.
All we can do is wait for the outcome but there is no problem in discussing the case and how we feel about it as far as I can see.

C3...........:(:(:(