PDA

View Full Version : Saying Hello

Margaret Goodger (Innes)
22-Nov-06, 21:35
My Name is Margaret Goodger (Innes). I live north of Birmingham in Sutton Coldfield. I came to Caithness two years ago to trace family history. My family Innes farmed here between 1800 and 1905. My husband and I are tracing the Innes and Sutherland families we would welcome any help.

Whitewater
22-Nov-06, 21:51
Welcome to Caithness.org Margaret. Hope your search goes well, both Innes and Sutherland families continue to farm in Caithness today, could be connections ?? there is a lost or missing persons field in the forum somewhere, you may get some help there. I know of a lady who does some research in this field. Should you require some help in contacting her send me a PM and I will be able to give you a name and address.

caroline
22-Nov-06, 21:59
Hello

Maybe you will get a better response if you repeat this message on the genealogy section. Are you the lady who descends from Lady Harmsworth. Sure I have a relative who worked for her.

Moira
22-Nov-06, 22:02
Margaret - Welcome to Caithness.org. I've moved the thread here. A lot of people researching family history etc. don't always use the general forum. Hopefully, moving it here will bring a better response for you :)

magstar
22-Nov-06, 22:53
hello margaret,
i have researched some of my relatives in caithness. we have a sutherland branch who farmed in latheron and as you can see from one of my earlier posts one of them ran the station hotel. may be there is a connection?
i can let you have my info such as it is.just contact me via the private message area. good luck magstar

Casey
23-Nov-06, 11:55
My wife has done loads of research into her family tree. (Mackay, Manson, Sutherland, Fraser and others)

Innes - We only have Innes as a middle name (Wiliam Innes Manson) but Colin Fraser Mackay born 1857 (my wife's great-grandfather) served a seven year apprenticeship with the Innes family at Buldoo, just east of Reay.

Sutherland - We have information on the following:-
Alex b. 1831
Barbara b. 1814
Elizabeth b. 1771
Elizabeth b. 1815
Janet b. 1819
Jean b. 1820
John b. 1787
John b. 1823
Margaret b. 1820
Mary b. 1827
Robert b. 1817