PDA

View Full Version : Women and the Issues influencing them.

squidge
28-May-12, 08:16
I am interested in the issues which women are concerned about in the run up to the referendum.

In order to avoid the dismissive and patronising clap trap that sometimes infects these political threads - please feel free to limit your post to one word - you can also expand on it if you like but dont feel like you have to.

Gentlemen - feel free to comment if you like but I would respectfully ask that if you are doing so can you please add why you think Women are interested in a particular issue...

eg... I was talking to my daughter and she said that she is concerned about .......

By the way - I dont have any particular political agenda about this - I'm not touting for votes, Im not a member of any particular political party. I am invovled in one or two discussions about women's opinions but I remain undecided about my own vote. I'm just interested in understanding where I - as a woman - fit in to this discussion and how my own views reflect or conflict with those of women in general.

squidge
28-May-12, 08:21
Ill start - one of the issues which concerns me is education - how Scotland will develop an education system which doesnt fail those who are not looking for an academic route into the world of work.

Kenn
28-May-12, 09:36
Roads......the present ones are ill maintained.
Education......standards seem to be falling.
Health care.....patchy at best, dire at worst.
Armed forces...in the event that Scotland votes for independence then what happens to all those scots currently serving and would a small country be able to afford it's own viable defence?
Population imbalance...with an aging population how will the country ever be able to afford the necessary levels of care?
Renewable energy.....despite all the bravado and blustering about this being the salvation of the country, there is little evidence to back it up and others are stealing a march on us.

These are just a few of my concerns if I listed them all I would be here all day!

squidge
28-May-12, 11:06
Thanks Lizz

changilass
28-May-12, 13:44
Have lots of things concerning me, but nothing specific just because I am a woman. The issues I have are very similar to my husbands, this is not because I kowtow to his views (any one who knows me, knows I have my own mind), but are based on our family situation and the situation in the country in general.

golach
28-May-12, 15:41
Have lots of things concerning me, but nothing specific just because I am a woman. The issues I have are very similar to my husbands, this is not because I kowtow to his views (any one who knows me, knows I have my own mind), but are based on our family situation and the situation in the country in general.
Ach wuman, the whole famly knows your a bitty strange [lol]

Angel
28-May-12, 20:22
Those in charge of the finances... trying to look big and clever as well as lining their own pockets and showing the rest of us just how corruption is embedded in all the systems, wasting it on the Hollyrood building, the tram fiasco in the capital etc.
Imagine what wastage there will be if independence is won, those at the top with the power they have, have shown very little wisdom or leadership in any of the political causes they persue... oh I could go on and on and on... but I won't... except for...

Angel...