PDA

View Full Version : Beach

gspook
27-May-12, 21:24
Great weather ... shame people have left so much rubbish on the beach,.. crisp bags, papers, drinks cans. Tinks. Will try and clean some this week.

There is a bin at the top of the beach... at the bottom of the steps beneath the bin some people left carrier bags full of rubbish just dumped in the sand.

Dadie
27-May-12, 21:55
What beach?
There are a few to choose from in the county.
We had a lovely day at Sannick yesterday, not much in the way of litter.
But might be a silly question..could the bin have been full?

Moira
27-May-12, 22:08
Great weather ... shame people have left so much rubbish on the beach,.. crisp bags, papers, drinks cans. Tinks. Will try and clean some this week.

There is a bin at the top of the beach... at the bottom of the steps beneath the bin some people left carrier bags full of rubbish just dumped in the sand.

Do what I do. Carry a litter bag with you and pick up rubbish as you go. Moaning about it on here won't change some folks habits of a lifetime but doing what I do might help, a little........

slinky
27-May-12, 22:30
there was broken beer bottles on thurso beach 5 or 6 had to get the dog to avoid it

gspook
27-May-12, 22:33
What beach?
There are a few to choose from in the county.
We had a lovely day at Sannick yesterday, not much in the way of litter.
But might be a silly question..could the bin have been full?

Oops sorry.. thurso beach.

Dadie
27-May-12, 22:33
Did you pickup or leave them?
Better to pick up than get a vet bill...or for even more brownie points pick up so no one else gets the vets bills!

Liz
27-May-12, 22:54
Do what I do. Carry a litter bag with you and pick up rubbish as you go. Moaning about it on here won't change some folks habits of a lifetime but doing what I do might help, a little........

I moan and pick it up. ;)

Moira
27-May-12, 23:01
I moan and pick it up. ;)

Lol, my joints grind a bit too, along with my teeth but I do it all the same. I guess it's the same for you?.....:)

Dadie
27-May-12, 23:12
I pick up a bit..not as much as whats fetched...but a bags worth each time....and I seroggate whats fetched into what does most harm into what goes into the bag (which is full usually when we leave) I am a big beilever in that all you should leave is footprints...im forever screaming at the kids to pocket rubbish until they get to a bin.....then regretting it when the emptying of pockets go..

Liz
28-May-12, 13:58
Lol, my joints grind a bit too, along with my teeth but I do it all the same. I guess it's the same for you?.....:)

Ha ha. Everything grinds now! ;) xx