26-May-12, 12:56
Here is the site to sign up to if you want to beat Eck and his cronies
http://noscotland.net/
No thanks Darling!!!!

C3..........;)

secrets in symmetry
26-May-12, 13:04
Here is the site to sign up to if you want to beat Eck and his cronies
http://noscotland.net/I've been wondering who would lead the anti-secessionist campaign for some time. I thought it might be Alistair Darling - he has the intellect and the experience, but he's not exactly oozing with inspiration and personality. In my opinion, the best candidates would have been the late Donald Dewar or the late Robin Cook.

Corrie 3
26-May-12, 13:36
www no...scotland.net....????
Thats about right, if we are left with Cameron and Clegg to rule us there will be No Scotland left !!!!!

C3...........:eek::roll:

equusdriving
26-May-12, 16:04
www no...scotland.net....????
Thats about right, if we are left with Cameron and Clegg to rule us there will be No Scotland left !!!!!

C3...........:eek::roll:

yes so lets blindly jump from the frying pan into the fire without waiting to hear what it will mean long term for Scotland because we don't like the current leaders, very clever, and still no answers to my previous questions as I said before corrie 3 YOUR FULL OF IT !!

Corrie 3
26-May-12, 16:15
yes so lets blindly jump from the frying pan into the fire without waiting to hear what it will mean long term for Scotland because we don't like the current leaders, very clever, and still no answers to my previous questions as I said before corrie 3 YOUR FULL OF IT !!
Why not just start a "I hate Corrie" thread............it would be much easier for you and you can get all your bitterness out in one go!!
Have you read your last 15+ posts? All directed at myself, so rather than spoil everyone else's threads, start your own and spit out your poisonous venom!!

C3.........:Razz:Razz

equusdriving
26-May-12, 16:23
Why not just start a "I hate Corrie" thread............it would be much easier for you and you can get all your bitterness out in one go!!
Have you read your last 15+ posts? All directed at myself, so rather than spoil everyone else's threads, start your own and spit out your poisonous venom!!

C3.........:Razz:Razz

So that would be a No then will it? I didn't realise you had the monopoly on poisonous venom and ruining peoples threads Shame that you are happy to give it but not take it

RecQuery
26-May-12, 16:24
I've been wondering who would lead the anti-secessionist campaign for some time. I thought it might be Alistair Darling - he has the intellect and the experience, but he's not exactly oozing with inspiration and personality. In my opinion, the best candidates would have been the late Donald Dewar or the late Robin Cook.

Tabloids seem to love Alistair Darling for some reason. Perhaps because he's become more libertarian since he was Chancellor. I've actually no problem with him leading. My fear is that Charles Kennedy will lead it, he's a pretty likeable guy. Then again he's not exactly in favour of the coalition either.

EDIT: Accidentally a word.

Dundee UK
26-May-12, 18:52
[QUOTE=golach;953602]Here is the site to sign up to if you want to beat Eck and his cronieshttp://noscotland.net/[/QUOTEGolach.......count me in!

golach
26-May-12, 20:19
Have you read your last 15+ posts? All directed at myself, so rather than spoil everyone else's threads, start your own and spit out your poisonous venom!!C3.........

Keep up the good work equusdriving!!! Think you touched a raw nerve there....C3 can give it but canna take it.

Partan
26-May-12, 20:43
I read this article today in the Herald.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/comment/columnists/a-vote-for-independence-not-for-salmonds-policies.17698693

What Bell suggests is that is that the referendum will not be about Salmond's policies or the warnings of the Unionist bloc but about who decides on the future of Scotland. If the referendum votes Yes to the referendum then the next Scottish Governement (elected in the 2015 general election) will propose a programme of policies to map the future of Scotland. This Executive may be SNP, Labour or even Tory - more likely a coalition as the Scottish electoral system is designed to deliver coalition governments.

Food for thought.

Partan

Corrie 3
26-May-12, 21:38
Keep up the good work equusdriving!!! Think you touched a raw nerve there....C3 can give it but canna take it.
You can be quite amusing at times Golach!!!

C3...........:cool::cool:;)

ducati
26-May-12, 22:11
So this is the problem with the whole thing and why I dislike A.S. so much. It is causing bitter conflict between citizens of Scotland (as I predicted) and do you think this will go away once the votes are counted?

squidge
26-May-12, 23:25
Bitter conflict? Its a MESSAGE BOARD its not real life. If you look up from your keyboard and look around you will see that people are living with the independence debate every day. Ducati, have you been reading George Galloway? In the REAL world rather than the computer world people are just getting along. To suggest that the comments that we read on this message board or in response to provocative articles posted on the internet actually reflect the real life behaviour of nationalists and unionists is far from the truth. I never heard the saying "we are all Jock Tamson's bairns" til I came to Scotland but here it is used often. The debate will continue and grow and change but I would venture to suggest I f those people crying doom or suggesting the campaign is racist or fascist or bigoted decided to walk the streets a wee bit, drink in the pubs a wee bit, drop in at some toddler groups or youth clubs or workplaces I would happily bet that you would find many of “Jock Tamson’s bairns” happily playing, living and working together. The referendum is not going to change that.

secrets in symmetry
26-May-12, 23:36
Tabloids seem to love Alistair Darling for some reason. Perhaps because he's become more libertarian since he was Chancellor. I've actually no problem with him leading. My fear is that Charles Kennedy will lead it, he's a pretty likeable guy. Then again he's not exactly in favour of the coalition either.

EDIT: Accidentally a word.I never look at the tabloids, so I didn't know that they like Alistair Darling so much. Do you have any idea why?

I think he was under Gordon's Brown's thumb for a long time during his time as chancellor, but I don't know as much about that as I should. His book (http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2011/sep/07/alistair-darling-back-from-brink-review) is on my "to read list".

Charles Kennedy may be likeable, but his reputation was spoiled (perhaps forever more) when he stepped down as LibDem leader because of alcohol problems.

I think Gordon Brown would do a better job than Alistair Darling, but Gordon may be too unpopular - and be viewed too much as yesterday's man.

The Labour leadership in Scotland has gone from all-powerful a decade ago, to barely-existent today. This is evidenced by their choice of Johann Lamont as leader.

squidge
26-May-12, 23:50
The Labour leadership in Scotland has gone from all-powerful a decade ago, to barely-existent today. This is evident by their choice of Johann Lamont as leader.

Absolutely...

golach
27-May-12, 00:00
The debate will continue and grow and change but I would venture to suggest I f those people crying doom or suggesting the campaign is racist or fascist or bigoted decided to walk the streets a wee bit, drink in the pubs a wee bit, drop in at some toddler groups or youth clubs or workplaces I would happily bet that you would find many of “Jock Tamson’s bairns” happily playing, living and working together. The referendum is not going to change that.
Aye right Squidge, But what neverendum? And under whos rules, Oh yes its going to change Jock Tamsons family a hell of a lot. Not necessarily for the good.

squidge
27-May-12, 00:11
I dont understand the questions golach. Is it changing your relationship with the people you know and love who are voting YES? Is it changing the relationship you have with your friends and workmates who hold a different view to you? Are you going to cut them out of your life?

People are either not talking about the referendum at all or they are just living with it. Talking about it as part of their life. The message boards and internet baiting is not real life. In real life people will just live love and fall out as they have always done.

Corrie 3
27-May-12, 01:41
So this is the problem with the whole thing and why I dislike A.S. so much. It is causing bitter conflict between citizens of Scotland (as I predicted) and do you think this will go away once the votes are counted?
What proof do you have of this Duke? Surely you don't take the slanging match between Golach and myself as evidence? We have always been like this and only difference now is that Equssdriving has joined in because I called him/her an Incomer!!
So you dislike AS, why? Because people are fighting each other in our streets and towns because of Independence? I don't think so and whoever loses the referendum will be man enough to accept it without beating anyone up!!

C3...............;)

secrets in symmetry
27-May-12, 02:24
I read this article today in the Herald.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/comment/columnists/a-vote-for-independence-not-for-salmonds-policies.17698693

What Bell suggests is that is that the referendum will not be about Salmond's policies or the warnings of the Unionist bloc but about who decides on the future of Scotland. If the referendum votes Yes to the referendum then the next Scottish Governement (elected in the 2015 general election) will propose a programme of policies to map the future of Scotland. This Executive may be SNP, Labour or even Tory - more likely a coalition as the Scottish electoral system is designed to deliver coalition governments.

Food for thought.

PartanThe system may be designed to avoid simple majorities in Holyrood - unless one party gains more than 50% of the vote - but it failed to do that in the last election - probably for the reasons I posted a year ago. I haven't actually checked my hypothesis. Perhaps I should....

I used to like Ian Bell, but he's becoming as emotional and inward-looking as most of his fellow secessionists.

ducati
27-May-12, 08:26
What proof do you have of this Duke? Surely you don't take the slanging match between Golach and myself as evidence? We have always been like this and only difference now is that Equssdriving has joined in because I called him/her an Incomer!!
So you dislike AS, why? Because people are fighting each other in our streets and towns because of Independence? I don't think so and whoever loses the referendum will be man enough to accept it without beating anyone up!!

C3...............;)

Really? We'll see.

And Squidge, it is people that post on websites and bloggs.

squidge
27-May-12, 09:13
To suggest what you read on forums and in response to provocative articles in the papers as indicative of the true nature of the independence debate is not a good idea. How many registered users of this forum are there? How many actually post? Ant this is a really popular and well used general forum. Do you think you can take the views posted here and say they offer a true picture of the nature of society in Caithness, what the people are like when you meet them in the street? How they deal with other people face to face as a society? I doubt it.

Blogging by its nature is navel gazing and subjective one persons view. I can say that too because I have just started blogging ( Im blogging like i sing - for my own pleasure and no one else's lol) A blog doesnt give a picture of society in general just of one or two people's views. That piece I had picked up last week was exactly that. People will continue to live with the debate and will continue to be engaged or not. Will we see rivers of english blood flowing through the streets of Wick? I doubt it. When you stand chatting to a rabid nationalist like my husband and some of his friends are they plotting a gory and unpleasant death for you? No. They are just getting on with the debate whichever way they choose. I dont see that changing anytime soon.

Corrie 3
27-May-12, 10:25
Really? We'll see.

Ah, so you have no proof and all this violence you speak of is in your head?

C3...........:confused: :roll:

ducati
27-May-12, 11:53
Ah, so you have no proof and all this violence you speak of is in your head?

C3...........:confused: :roll:

Who metioned violence? It must be in your head!

Corrie 3
27-May-12, 12:39
Who metioned violence? It must be in your head!
Bitter conflict? Near enough !!!

C3..........;);)

ducati
27-May-12, 16:04
Bitter conflict? Near enough !!!

C3..........;);)

If you're a freek