PDA

View Full Version : BT - Cheeky so and so's

Tugmistress
23-May-12, 18:37
Since when did BT start charging for you NOT using your phone?! I am being charged £8.10 on my home phone for

The minimum calls have not been made. To avoid future charges, make 6
chargeable or inclusive calls per quarter or more with BT

that's ridiculous.

pat
23-May-12, 18:51
Agree with you Tugmistress but it is their way of getting money when you use their line to route your calls to a cheaper company, same as they do not tell you when you are out of contract they just up the payments and hope you do not notice and query the increases.

Tilly Teckel
23-May-12, 20:09
Oooooo, don't even get me started on BT - bunch of thieving bloomin' crooks! [evil]

starfish
23-May-12, 20:24
me to tilly teckel can not wait till august comes so i can change suppliers

pottheed
23-May-12, 21:15
The apparent reason they do it, is if you do not use it, they have no way to tell whether the line is working or not and therefore if you then come to use it after not using it for a period of time, you can claim a very large amount of compensation.....or so thats what I was told when I worked for BT.

Tugmistress
23-May-12, 21:17
well in theory it shouldn't happen again, it was to do with caller display option, so cancelled it :)

spaceddaisy
24-May-12, 22:17
They are utter tossers. Can't wait to change suppliers when my contract runs out.

Big Gaz
24-May-12, 23:46
i dumped BT like a hot potato after the last "contract" i had with them. Line rental went up twice, service failed miserably on numerous occasions for which i got zero compensation and as for the broadband reliability......i was so close to buying a couple of cans and 5 miles of string....The contract i thought i had taken out was totally different to what i had taken out (sales person lied!) and i was stuck with paying £12 more a month than i was originally quoted and on a limited download broadband service when i explicitly stated i NEEDED unlimited download service. BT will never ever be my provider again and i would rather pay more for a better service from another supplier than give BT another penny of my money! They don't learn and will suffer when the local unbundling comes online and they have to give their equipment to other, cheaper suppliers

Phill
25-May-12, 00:41
they have no way to tell whether the line is working or not Cobblers! They have the fact that they know you ain't using it as enough evidence it functions or not.

well in theory it shouldn't happen again, it was to do with caller display option, so cancelled it Sorry Tugs, more cobblers you've been fed.

We had it on our contract on signing. I believe it is because of people like me, I would (and did for quite some time) unplug the phone. I need the tinterweb, I don't wan't random wristwatches from around the world telling me I've won a holiday.

Many people now have unlimited calls on their mobile, as do I. So there is no purpose in me having a landline, I wouldn't have one if I could get broadband on it's own.
BT realise this and are losing money by the lack of calls, so they charge you to make a call and charge you if you do not. Win win.

I despise landlines now. They are a cancerous infestation of our lives, moreso that they are coupled with cordless phones rather than being tied to the wall in the good old days.
The fecking thing rings and you troll round the house to find the handset, you find it (and because BT charge for Caller Display (and I wont pay)) you don't know who's calling. So unwittingly you answer...aaaannnnnddddd ............ clickly clickly clicky "Welcome to twastard holidays.." SMASH!

So, I unplug the phone, Pay me two bob and live in peace 'cos when MIL/wifey/bank manager/probation service etc. phones me mobile (if it's not off or it's not on silent) I know who it is and ignore it.

cesare
25-May-12, 15:01
i never gave it enough time to finish my contract, i left best thing i ever did
the last bill i had from them was for 105 when i made no calls in 3 months
i know this cos i pulled phone line from wall just leavin internet connected
when they noticed i swapped line rental to the post office the bill got halfed i lol'd hard
multi billion pound company is on its last legs
reason they so rich are......in caithness ect who else will put a phone line in for you?
i only see bt lines...then ppl change..they wont even give us cable broadband lol
they got us where they want us cos they know at some point you will be back

btw p/o is like 36quid/3months line rental