PDA

View Full Version : Jobcentre

bilbobaggins
23-May-12, 14:41
Hi i was wondering could i get any sort of loan from the jobcentre for paying for a cbt as it training

RecQuery
23-May-12, 14:50
Hi i was wondering could i get any sort of loan from the jobcentre for paying for a cbt as it training

Is an ILA account (http://www.ilascotland.org.uk/ILA+Homepage.htm) an option?

Alrock
23-May-12, 15:06
Is an ILA account (http://www.ilascotland.org.uk/ILA+Homepage.htm) an option?

Never thought of that...

Just phoned them & the answer is.... No

RecQuery
23-May-12, 15:39
Never thought of that...

Just phoned them & the answer is.... No

I used mine when I was in university actually to take some IT certification courses on the side from the local college. No idea what the requirements are and ILAs have been replaced by a Part-Time Fee Grant run by SAAS. I think it depends on the course but I thought that most were covered by it.

bilbobaggins
23-May-12, 16:53
I have a ila account didnt know i could use at

scottish_willow
23-May-12, 17:58
If you earn less than £22000 a year you should be able to get £200 - http://www.ilascotland.org.uk/ILA+Homepage.htm

dragonfly
23-May-12, 19:52
I don't think you'll get any funding to pay for a Scooter CBT, if its for training, will your employer pay something towards it?

calish6
24-May-12, 06:55
Have a look here to see if you can get any help.

http://www.mtrc.me.uk/

Corrie 3
24-May-12, 09:39
Yes, it called be called "Training"...... but training for what? Will it enhance your chances of getting employment? Maybe as a fast food delivery boy but that's about all.

C3.........:eek:

Alrock
24-May-12, 10:53
Yes, it called be called "Training"...... but training for what? Will it enhance your chances of getting employment? Maybe as a fast food delivery boy but that's about all.

C3.........:eek:

Many jobs require you to have your own transport, what with the poor public transport up here. So it would enhance employability.

Corrie 3
24-May-12, 11:03
Many jobs require you to have your own transport, what with the poor public transport up here. So it would enhance employability.
So what next? A loan or grant to buy transport? To have driving lessons? To buy a car for the days when it's raining and you have to go to work? Perhaps a chauffeur for the days when you don't feel like driving or are still over the limit from the night before? Private helicopter so you can have an extra 10mins in bed?
Getting money from the State just to help you pass your driving test is beyond a joke!!
If you get a job and you want to work you will find some way of getting there, us Oldies had to!!

C3..............:eek:

Alrock
24-May-12, 11:46
So what next? A loan or grant to buy transport? To have driving lessons? To buy a car for the days when it's raining and you have to go to work? Perhaps a chauffeur for the days when you don't feel like driving or are still over the limit from the night before? Private helicopter so you can have an extra 10mins in bed?
Getting money from the State just to help you pass your driving test is beyond a joke!!
If you get a job and you want to work you will find some way of getting there, us Oldies had to!!

C3..............:eek:

Not saying they should (though the private helicopter does sound good), just pointing out the inaccuracy in your previous statement, it would help in a lot more ways than just delivering fast food.
Having said that, it would help a lot more than some of the crap they put you through that must be costing a fair bit.
Also... Where we not told to "Get on our bikes"?
Due to the rural nature of Caithness a push bike is a bit impractical so maybe they should not only pay for our training but buy us a bike also, still would probably be cheaper than some of the other pointless crap they put us through.

http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs24/f/2008/021/4/c/devil_laghin_by_Scotsgirl_606.gif

Big Gaz
24-May-12, 12:09
Have you tried asking for a budgeting loan?

I know the local dole office wont pay for cbt training and they have no funds at the moment for any other sort of training irrespective of what its for and just put you on to the ILA and the training centre in Pulteney. The excuse of transport being required for a job gets the response "public transport" from them. I had the chance of a forklift loader job and although i can operate all types of forklift and have the certificates, they are just out of date and need a refresher course but despite being offered the job on the grounds i pass the refresher, the dole wouldnt help. Pulteney centre wanted £550 for the licence and i was told they dont do refresher courses, only full licence. Even with the ILA £200 voucher, it still means i need another £350 so i had to pass on the job. I must admit though a few years ago when i turned 45 i needed a medical examination to continue driving HGV. Being unemployed at the time meant i couldn't afford it and thus meant i had no further prospects of driving HGV again so the office supervisor made a discretionary payment (£140) to the medical centre which covered the cost of my medical examination and i wasn't required to pay it back.