PDA

View Full Version : el celtica

The Pepsi Challenge
21-Nov-06, 23:16
I don't care. Congratulations to Celtic for getting through to the final 16 of the Champions League.

KennyL
21-Nov-06, 23:33
Oh were through right enough. Managed to win a game or two too!!

The Pepsi Challenge
21-Nov-06, 23:34
i think you r counting your chickens too soon they r not thru to the last sixteen yet

Celtic are through. Sorry.

Rheghead
21-Nov-06, 23:42
What was the score? they must have won on goal difference?

city fans are ecstatic!!!

The Pepsi Challenge
21-Nov-06, 23:43
Manchester United took a 1-0 thrashing.

Rheghead
21-Nov-06, 23:46
Please remind me what was the first leg score?

The Pepsi Challenge
21-Nov-06, 23:48
2-1 to Manchester Utd. Man Utd could still go out.

lagertops
21-Nov-06, 23:48
on reaching the last 16 of the champions league! Great result against a fantastic team.You've done scottish football proud..

lagertops
21-Nov-06, 23:57
Hail Hail, some result, how's Pepsi?

caroline
22-Nov-06, 00:00
In here, buddy.

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=17827

Great result

Rheghead
22-Nov-06, 00:08
So celtic scored the only away-goal? WD!

Gogglebox
22-Nov-06, 00:25
Think the score in Manchester was 3-2 but hey lets not quibble

And just to keep on the local topic Caithness Supporters Club will be cock a hoops!!
european trips abroad to look forward to in spring!!

WD the bhoys

Jeid
22-Nov-06, 02:24
So celtic scored the only away-goal? WD!

It's the champions league, away goals don't work. It's the four team league system.

KennyL
22-Nov-06, 03:25
It's the champions league, away goals don't work. It's the four team league system.

In the event of two teams being equal they do, apparently.

JAWS
22-Nov-06, 04:28
Should I? Shouldn't I? Should I? shouldn't I? Ooh, this is going to be painful ---- Phffffff, (draws breath through teeth) - Well Done Celtic

Ouch! That was painful, but it had to be done! Credit has to be given where it's well deserved. (I know, I know! Very un-English of me. Please promise you won't tell anybody I'm showing signs of Going Native![lol] )

willowbankbear
22-Nov-06, 06:48
Still cant believe the outcome?! Man utd showed no conviction, the mhanks were awarded a free kick that wasnt. Mhanks scored, the rest is history.:roll:

Cattach
22-Nov-06, 09:27

They do if teams are equal on points. In this case Celtic go through because they scored two at Old Trafford and Man U did not score at Parkhead.

crashbandicoot1979
22-Nov-06, 10:22
Still cant believe the outcome?! Man utd showed no conviction, the mhanks were awarded a free kick that wasnt. Mhanks scored, the rest is history.:roll:

True, it shouldn't have been a free kick. But then in the first leg, Giggs pulled a hamstring and Utd were awarded a penalty which they shouldn't have got. Thats football for you.

Well done the bhoys :lol:

scotsboy
22-Nov-06, 12:59
Anyone who knows me will testify that I hate Keltic FC with a passion, however they thoroughly deserved the win last night. The free kick was a cracker (albeit from a dodgy refereeing decision), Graveson is a real asset to the Keltic team.
I thought it “interesting” that the result has not been mentioned on Sky News today.

las123
22-Nov-06, 13:28
it is always the same, when any of the premiership clubs win we hear about it for days, when it is a scottish club they dont mention it and always but man utd should and could of done this etc, give credit where credit is due i say. well done the hoops, with a ref that was giving man utd anything and everything and celtic nothing i think they played brill.

looking forward to the next round!!!!!!!!

hail hail!!!!:lol: :lol:

MGB1979
22-Nov-06, 13:28
Obviously delighted to see Celtic go through, especially when it's to the detriment of a Premiership team. I could barely watch for most of the game and I nearly had an aneurysm in the last 10 min.

Yet again a Scottish team survive in Europe after Christmas.

edit: I have to say, the officials all gave bad decisions (2 offsides, freekick, penalty) and the ref missed some elbows so it was pretty even over all.

willowbankbear
22-Nov-06, 15:17
Obviously delighted to see Celtic go through, especially when it's to the detriment of a Premiership team. I could barely watch for most of the game and I nearly had an aneurysm in the last 10 min.

Yet again a Scottish team survive in Europe after Christmas:eek:

Aye theres a Scottish team playin tomorrow night in Europe needing a point to make sure of European football in both of the big Glasgow grounds after xmas.

W.A.T.P

jambo
22-Nov-06, 20:44
wonder how many warnings will be handed out after this thread even moderators having a say?????

The Pepsi Challenge
22-Nov-06, 21:18
Pretty civilised from what I can read; good, harmless banter, too. Let's hope it stays this way.

ala
22-Nov-06, 21:59
Alex Ferguson was fairly wolling his r's wast night. I dont know whether he does have a serious speech problem or is it just his chewing gum sticking to his falsers.
It so good to see man u maybe struggling to qualify.
I used to quite admire them but after reading Fergies book it put me right off him and his bunch of wimpish superbrats

willowbankbear
22-Nov-06, 22:24
Pretty civilised from what I can read; good, harmless banter, too. Let's hope it stays this way.

Thats true, probably coz most of us would like a sports forum , Im not sayin what I think about last night;)

jambo
22-Nov-06, 23:30
maybe the warning i got from mr fernie for talking about football will be retracted then.

The Pepsi Challenge
23-Nov-06, 01:47
Probably not, 'cause I think Fernie is a Hibby.