PDA

View Full Version : poor service vile people

dandod
19-May-12, 22:45
just wanted to let people know about the very poor service and extreremly poor attitude of the owner of a local chip shop in wick this evening. we decided this evening that we would go to the chip shop for dinner and feeling like something different i decided on a chicken supper for a change. when i cut into the chicken i noticed it was red as in raw.i decide to go back to the chip shop with it and actually thought they might appreciate me taking it back rather than taking it to enviromental health on monday morning but sadly i was mistaken.i first mentioned it to a girl on the counter who got the owner who i thought would sort it out once again i was sadly mistaken. first of all he looked at me as if he was thinking so what but he then offered me another chicken supper. heres where i made another mistake. i asked for something different as i did not want to risk food poisoning but the owner informed me the chicken comes in already cooked. at this point the owner snatched the chicken supper off the counter and threw it in the bin and told one of the girls to give me my money back. what bothers me the most is the attitude of the owner. the meal could have quite easily been for my son. a tip from me go down the street for a chicken supper its only an extra 5 minutes walk.

sids
19-May-12, 22:52
You had a problem with something you bought and they gave your money back. Have I got it right?

There are two chippers in Wick, you know.

Dadie
19-May-12, 22:54
thats not bad ..try the beetle in a kids meal at wetherspoons...thrown in the bin and no refund....and denial all round from them!..5 other meals at the table that might have been contaminated....but a shrug and take it or whatever attitude.....

dandod
19-May-12, 22:55
yeah

4 chip shops actually

pmcd
20-May-12, 00:40
We have a huge problem in the UK which is not replicated in mainland Europe. We have the crazy attitude that "service" is demeaning - even servile. We confuse "service" with "servility"

By providing a service with dignity and a positive attitude, you are turning what might be a crap job into something worthwhile. To be a waiter in France, or Germany, is not a dead-end job. It is a possible path for promotion, and maybe one day a chance to put down a deposit on a small eaterie, and who knows......

Our version is to show customers we are just as good as they are, if not better, by providing a condescending, rude and slapdash substitute for service, and then being affronted if they dare complain. I was recently served the wrong item in a buffet car, and when I pointed this out, was told "I knew that"! as the right item was substituted. I then gave a £20 note for about a fiver's worth of eats and drinks, and was rewarded by a large fistful of coins slammed down on the counter.

"That'll be your revenge, then?" I said with a smile.

"Aye!" he agreed malevolently. Luckily I would have been able to outrun the lardass, who was a puce-faced cholesterol-charged baboon.

"And mine is walking away from you, with what I wanted, and all day to enjoy it, knowing that you're stuck here in a job you can't stand, dealing with people you hate. Bye!"

Yes, I know. I shouldn't have done it. But I was thinking if he'd done that in front of some poor pensioner, he might have upset them and totally ruined their journey.

I don't like bullies.

rogermellie
20-May-12, 01:04
wish i had the presence of mind to assert myself when these things happen PMCD, i always think of a clever comeback/putdown a day later

there's a minority of businesses up here who seem to think they're doing the customer a favour

don't spend your money there again (go to Castletown instead;))

sids
20-May-12, 08:36
yeah

4 chip shops actually

So, can you remember which one was vile and poor?

Mr P Cannop
20-May-12, 09:39
what chippy in wick was this at ??

Bobinovich
20-May-12, 10:56
There's no point in the OP naming the chippy in question - it'll just result in a complaint from the chippy and the thread will get pulled...much better to PM the OP if you want to find out where to avoid!

Mrs Bucket
20-May-12, 11:24
I agree with pmcd someone with the knowhow could start up a business on how to serve the public with manners not attutude.

Beat Bug
20-May-12, 11:31
I wonder whatever happened to 'The customer is always right'?

Sketch
20-May-12, 13:33
What makes me think here; are two things:-

A. In the original post it was said that the chicken comes in 'already cooked' but, it was raw in the center?

That doesn't sound good to me.

B. How often do the environmental health authorities visit these food outlets?

There seems to be a few establishments in and around the area that appear to need a visit, some of which, urgently. However, almost all do a grand job.

Either way, would it not have been better ,and more professional, for the chippy owner to have simple recompensed the customer? The complaint warranted it.
Human errors are easily made in any and every food outlet and allowances should me made by both parties.
If the chippy owner had just apologized and given the customer what was asked for then the incident may not have found it's way on here.

Angel
20-May-12, 23:03
It's not just chippy's either... The youth have no presentation skills, which is poor training or low standards of the companies which employ them. They can't add up and they can't spell... so that's the school's poor output... or it could be the parents, and so it goes on.
I think it's actually the stress of trading in this current financial climate that hits these sole trader type businesses... they loose faith, give up, go bust... it's a spiral...downwards...

Angel...

lesley_mac
20-May-12, 23:12
hi by not nameing the chippy this puts the blame on them all witch is not right

starfish
20-May-12, 23:25
[QUOTE=lesley_mac;952489]hi by not nameing the chippy this puts the blame on them all witch is not do right } Do you mean which or is this a witch hunt