PDA

View Full Version : What is your favourite planet?

crayola
19-May-12, 00:26
Although I spend most of my time these days dealing with Venus and Jupiter I still have a soft spot for mars. What is your favourite planet?

joxville
19-May-12, 00:30
Since I haven't found a better one to live on then I'd have to say Earth.

teddybear1873
19-May-12, 03:02
Although I spend most of my time these days dealing with Venus and Jupiter I still have a soft spot for mars. What is your favourite planet?

Uranus. Could I hop on yours lol?

John Little
19-May-12, 08:01
Phaeton, definitely...

squidge
19-May-12, 09:23
Jupiter :)

Kodiak
19-May-12, 12:03
It has to be Earth as I have never been to any other planet to see whether I would like it or not. So since the only Information I have is about Earth, that must be the one I like the most. Simples !

Alrock
19-May-12, 12:13
The planet I live on in my head, which has no name.

Corrie 3
19-May-12, 13:15
The planet I live on in my head, which has no name.
I often get asked................. "What planet are you on?"

I can't think why!!

C3.......:roll:;)

RecQuery
19-May-12, 20:33
I'm a big fan of Ego: The Living Planet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ego_the_Living_Planet).

Pouleriscaig
20-May-12, 15:19
It's got to be what's now termed 'the minor planet' Pluto, discovered by Clyde Tombaugh around 1930.
The International Astronomical Union redesignated it from its full planetary status in 2006, which seems wrong.
We should learn more about that (minor) planet when the spacecraft 'New Horizons' visits.

crayola
20-May-12, 23:54
My experience is that most men like Mars. Why has no-one voted for it?

Dadie
21-May-12, 00:19
My planet whatever its called our there...you know the One we are depleting "of resorces etc....our planet..none like it..,

Corrie 3
21-May-12, 03:27
My experience is that most men like Mars. Why has no-one voted for it?
Because it's gone sky high in price, it's got much smaller over the years and the caramel isn't as nice as it used to be.

I now have Galaxy on Saturday nights!!

C3..........:roll:;)

George Brims
21-May-12, 18:42
I prefer the one we live on, but i do have some sneaking sympathy for poor wee Pluto. I have actually met Mike Brown, the guy at Caltech responsible for its demotion. He gets a lot of nasty emails about it.

chirpy chick
21-May-12, 21:48
Mars looks cool

gollach
21-May-12, 22:12
I prefer the one we live on, but i do have some sneaking sympathy for poor wee Pluto. I have actually met Mike Brown, the guy at Caltech responsible for its demotion. He gets a lot of nasty emails about it.

His book about the demise of Pluto is quite good.

Green_not_greed
22-May-12, 08:37
What - no planet Vulcan !

John Little
22-May-12, 11:34
What - no planet Vulcan !See Reggie's profile pic!

Green_not_greed
22-May-12, 17:51
See Reggie's profile pic!

I was thinking more of this one.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulcan_(hypothetical_planet)

John Little
22-May-12, 19:03
I was thinking more of this one.....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulcan_(hypothetical_planet)Ah - with Phaeton I was thinking of Kepler - our minds ran on similar orbits...

bluemafia
22-May-12, 19:07
any one. As long as politicians are on the same one as us!