PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Need a plumber NOW!

tootz
18-May-12, 21:56
Does anyone know of an emergency plumber in caithness?

Flushed the toilet tonight and the water is running out of the pipe and onto the floor, flooding the bathroom!!

Tried simpson and oag and also suttar and bruce with no joy!

Please HELP!!

Thanks

smithp
18-May-12, 22:04
Does the pipe that goes into the toilet have a compression joint on it (which should be silver) with a bit in the middle that looks like a screw head? If it does take a flat headed screw driver and turn it 90 degrees - this will turn the water off to the cistern. If not fill the kettle and turn the water off at the mains. This will allow you to wait till tomorrow for a plumber. Best of luck.

Dadie
18-May-12, 23:16
have you lifted the ballcock in the cistern....if that doesnt give any joy turn off at the mains and provide a bucket for flushing down poops!
And have you tried putting a hand in the u bend to see/feel of a blockage there....clearing that will save you a large bill if thats causing the overflow!
if all has failed provide a potty /bucket and put the loo out of use .........until a plumber can be found.
But if the sewer line is near try rodding i!

Big Gaz
18-May-12, 23:39
If its from the downpipe (pipe from cistern to the pan) then its possible the rubber seal on the downpipe where it joins at the rear of the pan has come loose and simply needs pushing back in. If its the large waste pipe join thats leaking then it will probably need the pan removing and the seal cleaned before putting the pan back into place. It's nothing serious though unless the seal/s are damaged and thus will require replacing. If you get stuck for a plumber and you are happy to come pick me up (im in Wick) i'll have a look at it. I won't charge you for it but a beer is always welcome :-p