PDA

View Full Version : Caithness charity praised

Nwicker60
18-May-12, 08:00
Lord Lieutenant takes her hat off to chest and heart support group

CAITHNESS Chest and Heart Support Group has received a glowing tribute from its patron, the county’s Lord Lieutenant, Anne Dunnet.
Speaking at the group’s AGM, recently, she declared that the amount of hard work put in by it, “never ceases to amaze me.”
Miss Dunnet made reference to the group’s fundraising for medical equipment locally, and said that its efforts were much appreciated in the community and added: “ I am honoured to be associated with you, as your patron. I think you are a wonderful group and I take my hat off to you.”
Earlier, the office bearers and committee were unanimously re-elected.
Summarising his report as chairman, Ernie Ross touched on a few of the group’s highlights, not least the amount of money raised for surgeries and Caithness General Hospital. This had again been made possible by the support of the public, particularly appreciated in the current difficult economic climate.
Mr Ross made the point that any charity group was only as good as the support it received from its members and friends and he paid tribute to them. It had been another successful year, and he added that they looked forward to the next one with confidence and optimism.
The treasurer’s report was approved and it was noted that the group had spent just over £5,000 on medical equipment for local surgeries.
The office-bearer were unanimously re-elected: Ernie Ross, chairman, Noel Donaldson, vice-chairman, Christine Scott, treasurer, Marge Donaldson, secretary, Janette Sinclair minute secretary; committee-Janice MacGregor, Joyce Macdonald, Robert Bell Joan Fraser and Heather Martin.
The group’s guest speaker, this year, was Raigmore cardiac consultant, Dr Peter Clarkson, who spoke about the improvement in the survival rate for cardiac patients and the technology involved in surgical procedures.