PDA

View Full Version : i-pod or mp4

unicorn
21-Nov-06, 11:49
ok looking for some help here, what is the difference between an i-pod and an mp4? my 11 year old keeps talking about i-pods but doesn't know the difference so I don't suppose it matters which I get for xmas but just wanted some help making the decision cos I know absolutely nothing about them, lord I feel old at 32 :)

golach
21-Nov-06, 11:51
ok looking for some help here, what is the difference between an i-pod and an mp4? my 11 year old keeps talking about i-pods but doesn't know the difference so I don't suppose it matters which I get for xmas but just wanted some help making the decision cos I know absolutely nothing about them, lord I feel old at 32 :)
Lol Unicorn I am more than twice your age, and I would love to know, I hate it when a 12 year old Grandaughter comes over smarter than me[disgust]

Piglet
21-Nov-06, 12:00
I- pod is an mp3 player & an mp4 is the same as an mp3 but has the addition of playing video as well.

Naefearjustbeer
21-Nov-06, 12:04
I thought the new ipods could play video?

Piglet
21-Nov-06, 12:10
QUOTE]I thought the new ipods could play video?[[/QUOTE]

Your probably right. That is the only difference i thought but that would mean there is no difference in an mp4 & an i-pod then just different makes.:roll:

MadPict
21-Nov-06, 13:11
MP-3 is the audio compression format while MP-4 is audio/video compression format.

The latest video enabled iPod will play video but the iPod nano will not. It does allow you to store photos on it though (as does the larger iPod).

For an 11 yr old the new nano might be a good buy - the latest version now has the metal case which the iPod mini had and it is available in 3 sizes (2,4 & 8 GB) and a range of colours (dependant on model).

http://www.apple.com/uk/ipodnano/