PDA

View Full Version : Wonky Back Button

Kevin Milkins
15-May-12, 23:17
Is it just me that seems to be having trouble with my back button? :confused

I have noticed over the last couple of weeks that when navigating the forums on the org that the back button doesn't seem to respond as it should and if I get impatient by double clicking it, it will go back to the log on page.:mad:

dx100uk
16-May-12, 02:59
try resetting IE

tools/internet options/advanced /reset
tick the box too

dx

Aaldtimer
16-May-12, 03:33
I've had that problem as well. If you open a thread on a separate subject the "back button" , puts you back to the subject, but doesn't put you back to where you were previously. I've found of you refresh the thread, the "back button" works then.
:confused

muffin
16-May-12, 07:55
I found that problem and only on the Caithness Org, not any other site, I noticed I was picking up a Facebook page something to do with static connect.Now I reset my internet security to High before I log on to the Org and reset it to Medium/high after I have left. It's a bit of a pain but it works, do you think the Org people could do something about it, I am no expert.

davem
16-May-12, 10:08
Firefox - perfect :)

secrets in symmetry
16-May-12, 11:06
I used to have a similar problem with Chrome - which didn't happen on any forum other than this one. Then one day it went away, and it hasn't been seen since....

Kevin Milkins
16-May-12, 14:08
It happens to me on both my computer at home and the one at work. Only on the org.

George Brims
16-May-12, 19:21
I've seen this on other sites too on occasion. I just recently sent some feedback to one and they replied that (a) the problem had been fixed and (b) the employee responsible had been publicly flogged in the car park. Now that's service!

tonkatojo
16-May-12, 20:17
Is it just me that seems to be having trouble with my back button? :confused

I have noticed over the last couple of weeks that when navigating the forums on the org that the back button doesn't seem to respond as it should and if I get impatient by double clicking it, it will go back to the log on page.:mad:

At first I thought you were having a problem with your long johns until I read the whole thread LOL.

Kevin Milkins
17-May-12, 07:49
At first I thought you were having a problem with your long johns until I read the whole thread LOL.

It's a shame, but it's still cold enough for Long Johns in Caithness at the moment, :( I hope it warms up soon.