PDA

View Full Version : Public toilets Thurso

billmoseley
15-May-12, 20:24
I was suprised to see the toilets in Thurso have gone. Does anyone know if they are building new ones or if i will just have to cross my legs for longer

Duncansby
15-May-12, 20:33
There was a bit in last weeks Groat - they are being replaced and sure it said something about alternative arrangements while the work is going on.

gingernut
15-May-12, 20:38
I was suprised to see the toilets in Thurso have gone. Does anyone know if they are building new ones or if i will just have to cross my legs for longer

Didn't even notice they'd gone! Shows how observant I am.

cezzy1234
15-May-12, 21:43
yhe they are building new ones there but they told me the ones to use are behind the clock at the church...

Stack Rock
15-May-12, 22:09
The Thurso harbour toilets will be open also

ywindythesecond
15-May-12, 23:03
The Thurso harbour toilets will be open also
Thats a long way to run with your knees firmly clenched!

poppett
16-May-12, 10:10
I only noticed they were gone when I wanted to use them! Luckily I was in a car so able to get to Horizons without incident. Feel for the walkers who are desparate. The sign says to use the harbour, but campbell street would be nearer. A sign to that effect should be up at the bridge to save the detour. I expect the Royal Hotel and Johnstons are busy just now with folk having a pit stop there for T & P. (tea and a pee).

secrets in symmetry
16-May-12, 10:51
I was suprised to see the toilets in Thurso have gone. Does anyone know if they are building new ones or if i will just have to cross my legs for longerWhere were these toilets?

I remember being warned not to do a careless whisper in some public toilets in Thurso (I forget which ones) - because they were inhabited by undesirables in search of an aggressive George Michael experience. Is this true, or was it just Weekers' banter/hearsay?

MrChow
16-May-12, 14:17
Where were these toilets?

I remember being warned not to do a careless whisper in some public toilets in Thurso (I forget which ones) - because they were inhabited by undesirables in search of an aggressive George Michael experience. Is this true, or was it just Weekers' banter/hearsay?

The ones by the Tourist Information Centre and Bridgend Dentists.

secrets in symmetry
16-May-12, 15:15
Thanks MrChow. May your bladder always be strong. :cool:

joxville
16-May-12, 16:26
There was a bit in last weeks Groat - they are being replaced and sure it said something about alternative arrangements while the work is going on.Yes, the river is nearby but try being discreet. :-)

Errogie
20-May-12, 21:49
Oh dear, I can remember when those toilets were opened and hailed as Thurso's first superloo. There was a debate in the town council about an opening ceremony and who should carry it out. My father was quick of the mark and said it would have to be the then Lord Thurso as he was a peer of the realm!