PDA

View Full Version : Woman/Girls Football

CaithnessLadies
15-May-12, 20:04
In relation to a couple of comments on a previous thread of ours, I'm just wondering what the people of Caithness views are on woman and girls playing what is considered by many as a mans game?All feedback is much appreciated Thank you

fraz
15-May-12, 20:52
Hi as far as I'm concerned it is great there is now a womens team.It now gives the girls in the kid's team's somewhere to progress to. I have never seen you'r team play but hopefully will soon .Hope you get the reaction you are looking .

Gronnuck
15-May-12, 21:16
Men have had a monopoly on football for too long. I've watched women play in The Netherlands, Germany and at various universities. The football is much more free flowing and there is much less bitchiness on the field. I hope everyone gets behind Caithness Ladies and support their efforts.

CaithnessLadies
16-May-12, 10:51
Certainly a lot of people I have spoken to down south echo your comments Gronnuck!

secrets in symmetry
16-May-12, 10:58
I enjoyed watching a few games on TV in the last Womens' World Cup. England Ladies were better to watch than the men's team in their last world cup. Mind you, that wouldn't be difficult.

Seriously, Hope Powell's team were impressive. I didn't see of hear anything of a Scottish ladies team, but I assume there must be one....

sids
16-May-12, 12:02
I don't see why people would have "views" about whether or not other people play football.

Enjoy yourselves.

CaithnessLadies
16-May-12, 12:43
I enjoyed watching a few games on TV in the last Womens' World Cup. England Ladies were better to watch than the men's team in their last world cup. Mind you, that wouldn't be difficult.

Seriously, Hope Powell's team were impressive. I didn't see of hear anything of a Scottish ladies team, but I assume there must be one....

The Scotland womans team is still completely amateur, I believe the England womans team is at least semi pro. Hope Powell is also this years Team GB coach for the London 2012 Olympics.

CaithnessLadies
16-May-12, 12:45
I don't see why people would have "views" about whether or not other people play football.

Enjoy yourselves.

Just trying to get a bit of a discussion going to raise awareness for the sport...

Corrie 3
16-May-12, 13:27
It's a great way to exercise and keep fit.
It teaches them to be team player.
It raises awareness of ambitions and the joy of winning.
It teaches great discipline.
It is something to be proud of.
And finally, it is fun.

So to me it is something that both sexes can do and enjoy....Good luck for the future!!

C3...........:):)

sids
16-May-12, 19:07
Just trying to get a bit of a discussion going to raise awareness for the sport...

I was curious to see if any anti-women's football spokesmen would pipe up here, but none yet.

Droopy
17-May-12, 07:56

Sorry, but I'd say you were more in danger of looking hell bent on achieving being some sort of local mini celeb.

It's a sport, get on with it, there's tens if not hundreds of teams doing all different types of activities in Caithness and been doing so for decades. Why should your particular team interest anyone more than any other team or sport?

Just do it and enjoy it and the accolades your looking for will come in time.

Why you feel the need to ask for discussion on here of all places beats me.....

CaithnessLadies
17-May-12, 11:07
Like I said I'm trying to raise awareness for the sport in Caithness. Thank you for keeping us at the top of the board.

sids
17-May-12, 11:30
Here's what you need: links.

http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/caithnessladiesfootballclub/PhotoGallery

I hope no guys watch ladies' sport for the wrong reasons.

CaithnessLadies
17-May-12, 12:46
The UEFA Women's Champions League Final is on live tonight @4.30 (5pm KO) on EUROSPORT. Lyon v Frankfurt! Well worth taking a watch if it's another repeat of Come done with me!

CaithnessLadies
17-May-12, 17:31
Over 45,000 at the Olympic Stadium in Munich for the woman's champions league final! Crazy!