PDA

View Full Version : Caithness magic hour at Sinclairs Bay - short time lapse

Timber-TEC
15-May-12, 11:05
Hi guys. My first time lapse movie with sound. Forgoten to deshake some sequences but hope your eyes will not crack ;)

http://youtu.be/cs8PHXwaxO0

argyle kid
15-May-12, 12:46
Great effort really enjoyed the clouds

Regards AK.

Mystical Potato Head
15-May-12, 22:38
Thats way cool,not my cup of tea music wise but wait till you here the music i have on the timelapse i've been doing for the last year or so.Gothic folk/rock song form Finland.Dont think i'll ever finish it.
What frame rate are you using?

Timber-TEC
16-May-12, 09:23
Thanks for your comments guys.

MPH, maybe song which you have chosen is too long and that's why you can't finish your time lapse ;) (just joking).
My short movie is just quick excercise in movie editing so I've kept it short and simple, as I am still learning.
You should pick some fragments of your material and make some short movie as if your time lapses are as good as your pictures than I am very interested to see them especially if you've got some night time sequences.

I use 30fps frame rate typically in my movies but in this movie some sequences are rolled as slow as 15fps and they still don't look too bad because of the longer shuter speed and they still obey 180 deg rule.

Mystical Potato Head
17-May-12, 16:58
I've been trying for the last 2 winters to get a night sky one finished but i've only got about a minute of movie time,same with a sunset one i'm doing.
A mixture of poor weather and overtime this last year has put everything on hold.I've managed to get one of Thurso Bay finished(using a shorter song :lol:) and on you tube.Like yourself the movie editing is pretty new to me so
lots to learn.

I'll post a link up when i can be bothered.

Timber-TEC
18-May-12, 10:43
Yes, to make decent length movie with night sequence a lot of time is required because of the shutter speed and longer intervals. For night sequences I was using slower frame rate to make them as long as possible. For some aurora time lapses I used just 10 fps to make sequence longer.

Can't wait to see your time lapse.

Neil Howie
21-May-12, 23:33
I particularly like the Ackergill Tower sequences.

bcsman
25-May-12, 16:54
this is amazing,love it