PDA

View Full Version : Prince Harry

tip top
15-Jan-05, 21:18
Whats the big deal with Harry celebrating his familys Germanic roots by donning a SS uniform????

:evil

daviddd
15-Jan-05, 21:29
None at all - it's just the *crappy* tabloid newspapers hyping it up so as to sell more crappy newspapers! Worse still, some sad people are buying these papers!

Alli
15-Jan-05, 21:44
He should've realised that there would have been some plonker there waiting to take a photo, but the biggest laugh is that the photographer got a reported £10,000.00 for the pics, if he'd been a bit brighter he could have held out for more money!!

Rheghead
16-Jan-05, 14:19
If he had dressed up as Ghengis Khan, a Roman soldier, George W Bush, Tony Blair, Chairman Mao, Alexander the Great or anybody else who is responsible for countless thousands of deaths would it have made the same furore?

I am sorry to say but we have demonized anything that has anything to do with Adolf Hitler. We only need to condemn Hitler and his cronies who were responsible for those terrible crimes.

Pre 1930 and for centuries, the Swastika was a symbol for good or luck, it was used widely in Hindu and other cultures, even ours.

Now, can we walk down the street with a Swastika lapel badge or wear Swastika earings?
Of course not, I wouldn't want to be stoned in the street for being a Nazi. But it shouldn't be that way if I intended to wear it as a good luck symbol. (And before anyone replies, I fully realize Harry wore it to symbolize the Nazis)

Hitler, adopted/hijacked the Swastika for his Nazi party, this was another crime, he should have made up another symbol, but he was probably just as much a terrible graphic designer as he was an artist and statesman.

Will the Swastika ever lose its 15 year long association with the Nazis? I doubt it in my lifetime, but only time will tell with a bit of luck...

Alli
16-Jan-05, 15:07
Yep your quite right but its not "politically correct" so that is probably what all this nonsense is about. I agree with the fact that it was a private party and Prince H has all ready said sorry, but never the less his actions have offended people all over the world and as the Son of the Heir to the British Throne (whose current Monarch is of German desent)he maybe would have been better dressing up as a :evil !!!!!!!!!!

Zael
16-Jan-05, 17:36
Everybody sing "Springtime for Hitler and Germany"

Perhaps it was the smash west end musical that led him to this?

mareng
16-Jan-05, 20:31
The problem is - everyone expects the Royals to be intelligent. They should really be thinking "inbred" and they'd be half way there.

100mph in the back of a Mercedes without a seatbelt?? Mmm - that takes a special kind of intelligence.

Rheghead
18-Jan-05, 20:52
If he had dressed up as Ghengis Khan, a Roman soldier, George W Bush, Tony Blair, Chairman Mao, Alexander the Great or anybody else who is responsible for countless thousands of deaths would it have made the same furore?

I am sorry to say but we have demonized anything that has anything to do with Adolf Hitler. We only need to condemn Hitler and his cronies who were responsible for those terrible crimes.

Pre 1930 and for centuries, the Swastika was a symbol for good or luck, it was used widely in Hindu and other cultures, even ours.

Now, can we walk down the street with a Swastika lapel badge or wear Swastika earings?
Of course not, I wouldn't want to be stoned in the street for being a Nazi. But it shouldn't be that way if I intended to wear it as a good luck symbol. (And before anyone replies, I fully realize Harry wore it to symbolize the Nazis)

Hitler, adopted/hijacked the Swastika for his Nazi party, this was another crime, he should have made up another symbol, but he was probably just as much a terrible graphic designer as he was an artist and statesman.

Will the Swastika ever lose its 15 year long association with the Nazis? I doubt it in my lifetime, but only time will tell with a bit of luck...

My post must have gone unnoticed in the corridoors of EU power. There is an article in today's P&J page 8 that German Euro MPs are lobbying the EU to extend their ban on wearing Swastikas to the rest of Europe.

This is complete and utter European Beaurocratic Lunacy

Do we really need to have a ban on something like this? I have never seen anyone wearing a Swastika in my 39 years!!

I stated in my post that it was a tragedy that the Swastika had been trashed by the Nazis, but I also said the Swastika had not lost its association with them.

I do not need some guilt ridden German Beaurocrat to tell me what is indecent to wear!!!

friendlymel
08-Feb-05, 09:20
:) for gods sake
who has been to a fancy dress before?
i must say i laughed, he is a young boy/lad out enjoying himself ,
just like we all do
at least the boys wills and harry are not stuck up
hey and they like to enjoy themselfs and why not
we do!!!!!