PDA

View Full Version : Another weather warning

Tugmistress
15-Jan-05, 17:13
copied and pasted from the met office site

ADVANCE WARNING OF SEVERE WEATHER

Here is an ADVANCED WARNING of Heavy Snow affecting Scotland, Northern Ireland, North West England and North East England.
Issued by the Met Office at 09:11 on Saturday, 15 January 2005.
For enquiries regarding this warning - please contact your regional Met Office.
Transmitted by the Met Office at 09:11 on Saturday 15 January

The Met Office is forecasting a very strong, cold, west or northwesterly flow to become established across the UK during Monday. Frequent, heavy snow showers are likely to affect parts of northern Britain, in particular western and northern Scotland where 5-10cm of snow is likely in places, with over 15cm accumulating on high ground. Combined with severe gales and gusts to 70mph at times, blizzard conditions and drifting will occur, particularly over high ground, where untreated routes may become impassable. During Tuesday, somewhat less cold air will probably move across northern Britain and the more significant snow will become confined to high ground.

The Angel Of Death
15-Jan-05, 18:27
Ohh boy more "missing" tiles to join the smashed ones on my drive !!! [mad]

Tugmistress
15-Jan-05, 20:33
am keeping an eye on things, it may well miss us with the severe stuff, but then again it may not.
will let you know how things are looking tomorrow :)

Goldfish
16-Jan-05, 04:07
This site is worth a look, local information from Wick Airport
http://skylinkweather.com/metar/metarmapindex.php

Tugmistress
17-Jan-05, 10:35
at the moment looking like tuesday night wednesday morning for a bit of a breeze ;) and then wednesday night some more.
it is a nice day today, get those tiles fixed angel of death :D

The Angel Of Death
17-Jan-05, 14:51
Lol just waiting for the builders to let me know when they can fit me in