PDA

View Full Version : Ways for a 12 year old to make a little extra money?

ItzMe
13-May-12, 17:05
:D Hey. I'm 12 and I need a little extra money (I'm saving up for the iPad 2)

I Thought of a paper round but I'm not aloud.
I also thought of dog walking. But I'm not aloud.

Any other idea's? :)

Frith
13-May-12, 17:17
Perhaps you could sell unused toys n games on ebay if a family member has an account, when I was your age I had loads of computer games I didnt play. You'd be suprised what sells. Oh and if you end up filthy rich cut me in for my awesome ideas : D

Dadie
13-May-12, 18:49
Clear out toys and clothes at a carboot sale.
Offer to do extra housework for extra pocket money.....this only works if you actually do the extra work without a fuss though!
Take sandwiches to school and pocket the lunch money?

billmoseley
13-May-12, 18:54
how baout asking round the family to see if they need jobs doing car cleaning gardening etc

Koi
13-May-12, 21:58
Why not offer family and neighbours to cut their grass, wash their cars, do jobs round the house?

telfordstar
13-May-12, 23:08
why not just sponge off mum and dad.if they say no just take the Dort and tell them there not your parents. and stomp your feet upstair.

*Martin*
13-May-12, 23:17
Rob some old people!? :D

You say you're not allowed to deliver papers/dog walk. Have you asked your parents if there are any jobs they would allow you to do? It sounds to me that they may not want you out working at such a young age.

There's plenty of time to make money but not a lot off time left to enjoy your childhood ;)

Ps. Don't offer to help your family for cash! Help them for free! Your parents might see it as you being grown up enough to start working.

All the best and good on you for havin the want to work, rather than sittin on your hoop waiting for stuff to get handed to ya!

Dadie
13-May-12, 23:41
at 12 I dont think you are actually allowed a paper round ...it was 13 last time I looked...though thats when I was ages to do a paper round at the pay they provide....
erm I actually am chuffed to get asked for proof of age nowadays...if that helps !
So at 12 there are no real options to do paid proper work just working for pocket money type things....to young for babysitting and cutting grass imho just menial jobs like decluttering and helping out more ...in the house or for others..............or for scrimping on the money you actually get like taking the lunch money and buying a loaf and ham etc and making the sandwiches for the week before school on the day to eat and pocketing the rest!

grumpy1
14-May-12, 19:20
why not just sponge off mum and dad.if they say no just take the Dort and tell them there not your parents. and stomp your feet upstair.

this is sound advice ..... i think not... sponge off mum and dad... then throw a tantrum when you dont get your own way......

paper round i said no.. as too many weirdos out there ..you just never no...
dogwalking.... again if she wants a dog to walk i have one in the house.....
chores in the house... often given plenty to do.. but hormones dictate actions...
already take sarnies to school...and save between 10/15.00 each week and score extra each day for bus money....

really not so hard done by when you sum it up !!!!!!!

Frith
15-May-12, 19:12
Suprised at all the stuff your not allowed to do, its not exactly a rough area.