PDA

View Full Version : fuel again

sandy01
10-May-12, 10:04
Filled up at Tesco in Inverness yesterday, 141.9 per litre for diesel.
Tesco Wick 146.9
So we are still being ripped off, if you get the 5p off by spending £50 your paying the same as Invenesswithout the 5p off.

ooops this laptop cant type!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joxville
10-May-12, 11:53
That's cheap, both of my local garages are selling Diesel at £146.9, I also paid that price when I was up in Larbert a few days ago.

Stack Rock
10-May-12, 12:52
I'm sure TESCO Wick, was 144.9P for derv this morning when I drove past.

gerry4
10-May-12, 12:56
I'm sure TESCO Wick, was £144.9 for derv this morning when I drove past.

It is, came down 2p. I don't like how Tesco does its pricing. I travelled down to Northampton last year and at a big Tesco's there the petrol was more expensive there than in Wick. Tesco has local pricing not national pricing that other supermarkets have. When I lived in Milton Keynes, there were 3 Tesco's and 2 had a different price to the 3rd.

Duncansby
10-May-12, 13:12
Filled up at Tesco in Inverness yesterday, £141.9 per litre for diesel.
Tesco Wick £146.9

How much?! :o Gosh even in Tongue I heard it's only about 160.9p ;)

Connor.
10-May-12, 13:25
What petrol stations are you going to? I'd never pay 146 quid for a litre of petrol.:lol:

poppett
10-May-12, 16:27
The trick with the Tesco vouchers for fuel is to time it so they can be used in Inverness.

secrets in symmetry
10-May-12, 22:52
The trick with the Tesco vouchers for fuel is to time it so they can be used in Inverness.That sounds right (intuitively) - but it isn't.

The trick is to buy as much fuel in Inverness as you can - irrespective of whether you have vouchers or not. The amount you save buying fuel with vouchers in Inverness is the same as the amount you save buying fuel with vouchers in Wick.

I thought you were right until I got my thoughts straight.

Dadie
10-May-12, 22:57
Thats only true if you have to make the Inverness trip in the 1st place or the money saved would be spent before you came home on the fuel anyway!
If you are making an unnecessary trip the saving on fuel negates the cost of the trip...never mind the shopping while you are there senario ....

secrets in symmetry
10-May-12, 23:00
Thats only true if you have to make the Inverness trip in the 1st place or the money saved would be spent before you came home on the fuel anyway!
If you are making an unnecessary trip the saving on fuel negates the cost of the trip...never mind the shopping while you are there senario ....Absolutely. I was assuming all other actions and conditions remained unchanged.

sids
11-May-12, 07:39
That sounds right (intuitively) - but it isn't.

The trick is to buy as much fuel in Inverness as you can - irrespective of whether you have vouchers or not.

That's a different trick.